• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Medical Beds

JoanneNC

DIS Veteran
I have reservations at SSR in a 2bedroom villa for my family and my inlaws. My MIL will need me to get a medical bed for her - is this easy to do? When I spoke with reservations at the beginning of this year - they said it could be done but never said who I needed to contact to make that happen. I found some off site places to call but is this something that I have to coordinate with Disney?

Thanks in advance

There are several companies listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread in post #2 that are full service medical companies. You can rent hospital type beds from them and people have posted in the past about using those companies successfully for that reason.
The companies will help to coordinate things with Housekeeping at the resort. They will need to coordinate with Housekeeping for the removal of the bed that was in the room and also for delivery of the hospital bed.

You can also call the WDW Resort Special Reservations number for assistance with this. The phone number is (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY). If you 'loose this thread', the number is listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread in the post about resorts (you can find the thread near the top of this board or follow the link in my signature to get there).

Thank you very much - Sorry that I didn't read the sticky first - but I will head there now...

In a similar vein we rented a power lift chair for my DM from Care Medical. She actually uses it for sleeping since she has a non-healing break in her arm. It was so simple! Just called and reserved and when we checked in it was already waiting in our room. They said they would deliver to the resort around 3PM and pick it up around noon. They did the coordinating with housekeeping. It does mean that you will end up in whatever room is assigned without a chance to change if you'd like another location but that wasn't a problem for us.

As long as DM feels up to traveling with us we'll be doing it again in Nov.

We used CARE Medical for a trip in February. They were great. Housekeeping removes one of the beds and the service delivers and sets up the hospital bed.

And the cost was surprisingly reasonable, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter