Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

We had a few from our group also on the EBTA and I asked if they had a character breakfast and they said no. They also mentioned there were a lot less characters on the ship.

Signatures on items left at GS were significantly less than previous cruises.

FWIW, we had a character breakfast on our 2013 12 day med. And I thought there were a lot of characters on the ship. I hope they haven't cancelled it.

When we did the Med in 2011, none of the ports were in a different time zone. I just realized Greece and Italy are an hour difference. Will the ship stay on Italy time? I'm really just curious...I know they will remind us several times while sailing!

When we did the Med in 2011, none of the ports were in a different time zone. I just realized Greece and Italy are an hour difference. Will the ship stay on Italy time? I'm really just curious...I know they will remind us several times while sailing!

My 12 night has an hour change after Rome forward and an hour back after Mykonos.

I don't mind eating so late, it's getting up so early for those early excursions that make it awful.

Since I have early seating I'm happy to see the times pushed back. Looking at the length of some of the shore excursions it looks like we'd have to rush to clean up a bit after arriving back on board before dinner.

Main dining was 6:15pm on the Magic in the Med back in 2011 as well. It's always later on European cruises (on DCL and other cruise lines) versus cruises out of American ports etc

Last year they gave us 8:30 pm, even though I noticed others were assigned 8:15 pm.

In practice though, they never got around to taking our orders until 8:45 pm anyway and we never got out before 10pm. It made dining kind of a rush at the end there and we were always super tired afterwards.

Makes me even happier that I was able to move my dinners to early seating.

I am seriously considering moving to earlier seating.... and I am one of the 'locals in the Med' :rotfl:

Callers to DCL CMs last night including supervisors said this hadn't changed, but today DCL TAs have confirmed it's true.

DCL changes time zones to stay in sync with the ports they are visiting, whether it's the Med or Alaska or wherever. They say something in the Navigator and the Cruise Director announces it before the show and such - you should see at least one of the reminders.

I just called Disney and they said if there are character breakfasts on the Mediterranean Cruises our dinner servers will tell us the first evening. (When I had asked a few weeks ago they said there were no character breakfasts due to the cruise having so many ports and excursions.)
She also said that there are no Tea Parties scheduled on the Magic at this time. Sorry to disappoint. :(

Reports from the Med 2014, are dinner times have changed main dining is 6:15pm and late 8:45pm.

Well, that explains why I saw on my reservation that I was switched into my preferred late seating from main dining! 8:45 is very late though, I would have much preferred 8:15. Maybe I'll see if we can switch back...

Well, that explains why I saw on my reservation that I was switched into my preferred late seating from main dining! 8:45 is very late though, I would have much preferred 8:15. Maybe I'll see if we can switch back...

A number of people on our cruise have switched from late to main.

DCL changes time zones to stay in sync with the ports they are visiting, whether it's the Med or Alaska or wherever. They say something in the Navigator and the Cruise Director announces it before the show and such - you should see at least one of the reminders.

Hi there! I see from your ticker that you are on a 7 night next week? If so could you please post back with dining rotations and any other details you can remember? Please?
:hippie::worship:

Hi there! I see from your ticker that you are on a 7 night next week? If so could you please post back with dining rotations and any other details you can remember? Please?
:hippie::worship:

We are actually on the 12-night - if you are still interested in that I will post anything that people want! :)

Hello!
I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL.
I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July.
What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy.
I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8.

Thanks!

Hello!
I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL.
I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July.
What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy.
I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8.

Thanks!

Anything goes just do not wear cruise hosts or t shirts, there a give away and take off the sticker for tours, just do not stand out, if you have an Alaska hat on from the last cruise you will be seen. Church's require cover ups on arms shoulders, and legs above knees.

It will be hot hot hot so prepare.

Hello! I'm very new to the forums and new to DCL. I'll be heading to Venice for the Mediterranean cruise mid-July. What should I plan to wear on all the excursions / port adventures? Even though we will be with a tour group, I don't want to look totally touristy. I'm traveling with DH, DS 10 & DD 8. Thanks!

It is hot over there so remember that sundresses ( past knees) are cooler than Capri pants. For kids, they do not have to wear pants, just longer shorts. At some point, you will realize that you will look like a tourist, whatever you wear. Wear what is comfortable!

I am sure this has been mentioned in one of the above posts, but I would recommend a money belt. My husband and I each had one of these, each carrying two passports in it. We didn't run into a problem, but were constantly warned about "gypsies" or scams, and we kept larger bills, our Key to the World card and passports in our money belts.
http://www.rei.com/product/837261/rei-rfid-money-belt

Was on the Med cruise earlier this summer, in fact....one month ago today, I was in Villefranche drinking wine. :)

I bought a Pac Safe "fanny pack". It's a super thin pack that actually fits under your clothes. No one had any clue I was carrying anything under there. Best investment I made!

I need a BIG favor from someone going on the Med cruise in the next couple of weeks, please. There is a bartender in Keys, his name is Hadi. My DH and I sat with him every night after dinner (after we dropped DD off at Oceaneer's Club). I really want his last name. He's a SUPER nice guy. You can tell him that Holly and Russell from the first Med cruise are asking for his name....I'm sure he'd remember us.
Anyway - if someone can do that and report back, I'd be forever grateful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter