• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Med cruise

AVS10787

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,

Looking for your expert opinion/knowledge. I'm looking to book the 7 night med cruise, the last one before it goes into dry dock (31st Aug). I've been keeping a close eye on the prices and i'm wondering, do you folks expect the prices to come down at all? Is it worth risking leaving the booking until a lot closer to sailing date? The prices have stayed pretty much the same since i've been checking them. Is this one likely to sell out?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Hi, i am going on the med cruise to Venice in July and so far i think they might have gone up, i could be wrong though :confused3

I'm on the same cruise. It might go down, but most Med cruises do not. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. If you think it it is a reasonable price, go for it now. Join our dis page and our Facebook page too!

Another thing to think of is that plane tickets are not going to get cheaper and the availability is going to get less which may be a big a factor (depending on where you are flying from)

Mel
x

This was my experience from 2011.

I booked airfare so I could book any of the following:, the 7 day DCL Med, the 7 day RCL Liberty of the Seas, or the 7 day NCL Epic. All left Barcelona on the Saturday or Sunday and similar ports. None of the cruises every seemed to be full, but none of them had last minute price drops.

I ended up on the 7 day DCL cruise and there were a lot of Spanish people on board so I think any last minute deals must have been released to Spaniards.

Another thing to think of is that plane tickets are not going to get cheaper and the availability is going to get less which may be a big a factor (depending on where you are flying from)

Mel
x
That's an excellent point Mel. We got our return airfares from Belfast to Barcelona for a total of £516 for four people when we booked for August a few months ago. My husband was checking the other day, and the prices had gone up on the return flight alone to £220 each. I'm not sure what they had gone up to on the outbound flight. Absolutely nuts!

Funny thing is, about a week or two ago I checked on a whim and the price was almost down to when I booked over a year ago. I think it was just after paid in full date. Now the prices are back to where they have been steady at for a while. I would check prices early Tuesday, if they are not down then, then go ahead and book. Tuesday is traditionally the best time to buy flights as well. Hope to see you on our cruise!:)

One last bit of advice. Once you book the cruise and the airline tickets, stop looking! It always leads to tears. :)

That's an excellent point Mel. We got our return airfares from Belfast to Barcelona for a total of £516 for four people when we booked for August a few months ago. My husband was checking the other day, and the prices had gone up on the return flight alone to £220 each. I'm not sure what they had gone up to on the outbound flight. Absolutely nuts!

Hi Jenn! We're flying from Belfast too - for the 9th July cruise. I'm soooooooo excited! So glad I booked the flights early. Hope you guys enjoy a super vacation!! We must keep in touch to exchange tips and ideas xx :)

Hi Jenn! We're flying from Belfast too - for the 9th July cruise. I'm soooooooo excited! So glad I booked the flights early. Hope you guys enjoy a super vacation!! We must keep in touch to exchange tips and ideas xx :)
Hi Shavlin! What a shame we aren't on the same cruise, flying out together would have been neat! I'm super excited too and it's great to read about someone else from here who is going on this dream vacation. I will be looking forward to reading your trip report! :cheer2:

Hi shavlin,
We will be also on the 9th of July trip. Have you seen the meeting threat? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043435&page=3
It is not really busy, but maybe it will spead up a little bit. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter