Med Cruise - Brining drinks aboard ship?

Disneyrus

Mouseketeer
Can anyone help me with how Disney handles brining drinks aboard the ship in Europe? We have brought wine on the ship in the past but that was out of Florida. Has the carry on policy changed and is it different for Med Cruises?

If anyone did bring something to drink aboard....... did you bring it from the US or did you purchase it in Barcelona? Any custom issues?

Any advice on this? :confused3

Thanks in advance!

i bought a small bottle of alcohol at one of the ports and had no problem bringing it on board the ship. hth.

Not as far as I know. In 2007 most everyone carried on at least one bottle of wine (I had two) from the Chateau Neuf de Pape excursion in France. Planning to buy beer in Germany and vodka in Russia in a couple weeks.

I actually bought 2 bottles of wine and some water right at the duty free shop in the port at Barcelona (right across from where you check in.) I then carried on even more at different ports to consume on board.

I didn't carry anything from the State due to the weight issue in my luggage. As it was, I had to pay to bring a second checked bag back since I filled it with wine, olive oil, and lemoncello!

Jill in CO

I actually bought 2 bottles of wine and some water right at the duty free shop in the port at Barcelona (right across from where you check in.) I then carried on even more at different ports to consume on board.

I didn't carry anything from the State due to the weight issue in my luggage. As it was, I had to pay to bring a second checked bag back since I filled it with wine, olive oil, and lemoncello!

Jill in CO
You boozer, you! ;) :goodvibes I miss Tina's bar!

Sayhello

Can anyone help me with how Disney handles brining drinks aboard the ship in Europe? We have brought wine on the ship in the past but that was out of Florida. Has the carry on policy changed and is it different for Med Cruises?

If anyone did bring something to drink aboard....... did you bring it from the US or did you purchase it in Barcelona? Any custom issues?

Any advice on this? :confused3

Thanks in advance!

DCL doesn't handle it any differently in Europe than it does in Port Canaveral. We brought wine, lemoncello, water and sodas on board. Bottom line is that you must carry it on. Here's the policy as a reminder:

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter