Med cruise-Amalfi coast & Sorrento or Island of Capri?

goterps1986

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done either one of these excursions? We are going next month and trying to decide. We have a 14 yr old DD if that matters. Thanks.

One of the people at my table had done the Capri tour. Said it was really interesting with a nice lunch and a lot of free time to look around if that helps at all! I did the Sorrento & Pompeii Tour, so if you're interested in that one hit me up for some information.

I haven't been on the shore excursions, but have been to these destinations on a land tour. If I had to pick one or the other I would go with Capri.

If the excursions are similar to my experience, the Capri tour will consist of more walking around and soaking up the local culture and the Sorrento/Amalfi tour will be mainly driving along the scenic coastal roadway.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill. That helps. Trying to decide whether to take a nice boat ride along the Amalfi coast or visit beautiful Capri. Decisions decisions. Thanks for the input!

We signed up for Amalfi by Boat and the Splendor of Sorrento for the 6/29 cruise. Hopefully, it is a good tour.

Has anyone done either one of these excursions? We are going next month and trying to decide. We have a 14 yr old DD if that matters. Thanks.

We did the Amafi Coast and Sorrento in 2007. It was an awesome trip and we got some great photos. On our particular cruise Capri was canceled due to high winds and the boat could not get out there. Our tour actually included Pompei as well. Have a great trip.

We love Capri and it is really easy to do on your own!

And with a 14 yr old, I would suggest hiring a boat on Capri for a few hours to circumnavigate the island. You can sun on the front of the boat, swim in the crystal clear water and get up close to the colorful grottos. It is a bit expensive but will be one of the most memorable days of your trip, especially after touring so many hot cities.

Enjoy your trip!

I haven't done the DCL tours, but I've been to both of these locations - Capri and also Amalfi/Sorrento.

These are both such scenic places, really you can't go wrong.

We signed up for Amalfi by Boat and the Splendor of Sorrento for the 6/29 cruise. Hopefully, it is a good tour.

Hi tpbchick,
I wanted to ask you information about this excursion, was it fine? I've booked for next september but I´m not sure because I travel with 3 kids (12, 11 and 9 years old).
Any comment is welcome!
Thanks!:cool1:

Hi tpbchick,
I wanted to ask you information about this excursion, was it fine? I've booked for next september but I´m not sure because I travel with 3 kids (12, 11 and 9 years old).
Any comment is welcome!
Thanks!:cool1:

Since this thread is 3 years old, I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter