Mears

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
We are traveling on Xmas and staying until the 30th. My oldest son will be flying w/ us but staying outside WDW with relatives. Will he be able to use Mears transportation from MCO to WDW. We will be using Magical Express so I just need to set up transportation for him.

With Magical Express would Mears still be transporting people from the airport to WDW??? He would just be meeting us at BWV at the beginning of the trip and leaving from BWV at the end of the trip.

Thanks
Chris

chrisd596 said:
We are traveling on Xmas and staying until the 30th. My oldest son will be flying w/ us but staying outside WDW with relatives. Will he be able to use Mears transportation from MCO to WDW. We will be using Magical Express so I just need to set up transportation for him.

With Magical Express would Mears still be transporting people from the airport to WDW??? He would just be meeting us at BWV at the beginning of the trip and leaving from BWV at the end of the trip.

Thanks
Chris

What is BWV? with that I may be able to answer your question.

Yes, Mears still operates independently to transport passengers to and from NON-Disney-owned hotels in and around the Orlando area, and yes you will be able to make your son a reservation for this. Technically, you don't have to, I think - they take walk-ups all the time. Somebody else will have to provide you with contact information, I've only used Mears on a walk-up basis.

And localdriver - BWV is Disney's Boardwalk Villas, but based on the original question I'm inferring that arrangements have been made with the relatives to get the son between their home and BWV. I think the OP is talking about two entirely separate actions/transactions.

kaytieeldr said:
Yes, Mears still operates independently to transport passengers to and from NON-Disney-owned hotels in and around the Orlando area, and yes you will be able to make your son a reservation for this. Technically, you don't have to, I think - they take walk-ups all the time. Somebody else will have to provide you with contact information, I've only used Mears on a walk-up basis.

And localdriver - BWV is Disney's Boardwalk Villas, but based on the original question I'm inferring that arrangements have been made with the relatives to get the son between their home and BWV. I think the OP is talking about two entirely separate actions/transactions.

Disney's Boardwalk is serviced by DME. The Boardwalk is a Disney owned Resort.

What is the problem you wish to create that doesn't exist?

Call DME and make a reservation!!!!

If you can list him on your reservation then you can make a reservation with DME and will be transported for free. Different guests can have different arrival and departure dates.

If you can't add any more people to your reservation Mears won't let you make a reservation but he can go to the Mears desk and buy a ticket. They'll transport him on a DME bus to BWV.

If for some reason the rules change and they can't accomodate him then he'll have to take Mears to Swan/Dolphin.

Localdriver--OP is staying at BWV but it sounds like his son isn't staying at BWV but wants to be transported to BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter