Mears vs. Towncar for Seaworld

JJ&JSMOM

DIS Veteran
Wondering if anyone has opinions either way on which type of transportation to take to Seaworld - Mears or a towncar service like Tiffany's? We don't want to rent a car - this will be our only day outside WDW. TIA

Mears charges per person where the price of using the town car is for the car.
The cost of a town car is about $55.00 round trip plus tip and the car will hold 4 people. If you have a larger group a van from a town car company will cost about $65.00
Mears charges about $15.00 per person, so if you have a smaller group Mears would be cheaper. If you have more than 4 or 5 people then the town car company would be cheaper.
Keep in mind that Mears most likely would stop at other resorts to pick up other people whereas the town car or van would be for just your group.

Go into the net and pick one of the Transportation companies that are listed. The price they charge should run you around $25 to $30. or a roundtrip figure of something like $50. If you don't want to do that take a taxi sedan or van from your Disney resort. They have meters. Do not ask for a flat rate. A meter should run around $25 each way. All Disney resorts have Mears taxis's stationed for immediate use. Seaworld also has a Mears taxi stand which you can utulize when you want to return to Disney. I say this because if you set a time to be picked up you are obligated for that time. Taxis are waiting on the stand to take you back at whatever time you come out. If the taxi is in bad shape tell the resort or the starter at the park you would like another cab and they will request another for you. Most Mears cabs are kept well clean by the driver. If you are in a hotel that doesn't have a Mears taxi stand than request the bellman to call you a Mears taxi. They will do that for you. I say Mears because all their taxis are metered and in great mechanical shape. Not so in many of the independants. You really don't need a towncar for that short of a ride.

I recomend Tiffany. Have used them many times and have always been satisfied with their service. Mears on the other hand is hit or miss. I had a really bad experience one time with Mears when I used them to go to Universal Studios. After spending all day in the parks and being really tired, we were forced to wait half an hour for the Mears bus for the return trip, only to be turned away, cause the bus was full. Mears did give us a taxi voucher for one of their cabs, but that was a disaster. The cab driver refused to drop us off at our resort! We were staying at the Swan, but when he approached the resort he drove right past it. We were like "um that's our stop" but he ignored us and kept going. He ended up dropping us off at the All-Star sports. Told us to get out, refused to take us to the Swan. He mumbled soemthing to us about another Mears bus taking us to our resort, but that was obviously a lie. We ended up having to take a Disney bus to downtown disney, then transer to Swan bus. After that experience, I've stuck with Tiffany ever since.

I researched the websites for Tiffany's, Mears, and Fl. Tours. Mears is the cheapest but I do remember when we had Mears last time in 1998 they did stop at numerous resorts. I think we'll try Tiffany's Towncar - sounds like people have had good service. thanks again.

We used Tiffany to go to Seaworld in May. It was just DH and myself and we figured we just wanted to relax and not have to worry about bus transportation so we forked out the extra. It was $55 round trip plus tip and it was worth every penny. Our driver was great - prompt, friendly and there was no problem at all when we called him to change our pick up time back to WL from 4 - 5 . :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter