Mears Transportation - Any Good?

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hi

I have read complaints from passengers from ciao.com complaining about the service from Mears.

I am travelling alone with a 4 year old daughter and my husband does not trust a town car as it is a one to one basis.

I am flying on the 15th to Orlando Sanford.

Any views or experiences of Mears would be great.

Thanks
Michelle

We used Mears only once, on our first family trip, and will never use them again.
All you will do is wait in one line at their booth, than another line while they try to figure out which bus to use for what hotels.
Then you might wait for more people to arrive. Then you WILL stop at any number of other hotels before you get to yours.
It is a very slow process, very loud (kids screaming, etc) ride with strangers, in my opinion it is very uncomfortable and not a good way to start your Disney vacation.
We have used town cars since then and have been very happy with the service. The driver is waiting for you at the baggage claim. The driver helps you with your luggage. You can stop at a grocery store if you want. You will have a very quiet and relaxing ride to YOUR hotel......not sharing with anyone else.
Do yourself a favor...........DO NOT use Mears!!!!!!!
All you will get from them is a headache!

Mears isn't that bad if you have no other choice. We use to take them all the time and other than the fact that it took forever to get to YOUR resort, it's wasn't all that bad. Yes you have to wait on a line for whatever bus will take you to your destination. And they usually try and wait to see if the bus will fill up. However I had a few occasions where they didn't wait long at all for others. Unfortunately, because they drop off according to which hotel comes first, it can take a long time. Over 90 minutes easy. And that's being optimistic! :) And unlike the other reply we never had any problems with loud people, adult or kids. Excited people yes; lively chatter; yes. But never to the point of it being anoying. But I'm sure each trip is different and being that you are among people you don't know, anything is possible.

However, I must also say that you need not worry about any of the car services mentioned on this board. Fl Tours, one of the sponsors of this board is a very good, reliable and safe company. As are the others I'm sure. I've taken Fl Tours and would not hesitate at all to take them again even if I were alone.

Which ever you choose, have a wonderful time!

I'm Not sure of why your DH doesn't trust the towncar service, other than just being someone you don't know driving you and your dd, but if you really don't want to use Mears, would he be more comfortable if you request a female driver?

I would probably be uneasy traveling by myself with my kids also, he's not the only one.

Steph

Tiffany Towncar does service Sanford Airport. The round trip price is higher than for Orlando International due to the fact that Sanford is about 30 minutes north.
My sister is a single mom who has used Tiffany in the past for her herself and her daughter. The service is extremely reliable and the drivers have been courteous and professional. They will meet you at the baggage claim area, help with your luggage, and drive DIRECTLY to your hotel. There is a coupon on their website for $5 off.
Mears service from Orlando International is spotty at best. You will most likely have to board a large bus. This bus will stop at all the hotels that are represented by the passengers on board. You could be the first stop or the last. Round trip is about $24/person with discount coupons available. However, I do not know if Mears services Sanford. You would need to check their website or call them.

Hi

Thanks for all your advice it has really helped me. I will looked into Tiffany and it was a round trip for $160.00 which I think it quite good. My husband is being a pain in the back end. I will be talking to him soon about it.

Thanks again.

Michelle

Angel: MEARS isn't listed as ground transport from Sanford, so I think your question is answered.
We're flying into Sanford and using Happy Limo.

I agree with the posts about MEARS service and delays. It's not a quick trip. They wait until they are full and then go. THEN you get to your resort in their driving order, not whether you were loaded first. MEARS is not an extension of Disney's World ground transport system. I personally think they play up Disney too much and get us suckers for the first time--we are thinking its directly to the resort. NO NO.

WDW ON JUNE 24 :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter