Mears transport from WDW to Universal

MJ6987

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I have booked the Universal 2 Park ticket (3 Nov) including Mears transfers. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. It says I have to call Mears to arrange transfer times. How does this work? Will it be a taxi to pick me up at my resort or a bus going round different resorts or will I have to go somewhere to get the transfer, e.g. Downtown Disney?

Also, what time would you recommend I ask them to pick me up (assuming I have a choice) in order to get to IOA for "rope drop" and be amongst the first on the Forbidden Journey ride (apart from onsite guests presumably)?

Thanks,
Matthew :)

It could be either, depending on how many other people are going to Universal at that time. You will be picked up at your hotel though. If you want to be at the park before nine, I would allow at least an hour for transportation. You just don't know how many others will be picked up or how the traffic will be.

There is only me in my party (of one!). I was thinking of asking for a pick up time of 7:30am

That is a good time. When I meant it depended on how many people were going, I meant how many different groups were going. If Mears can transport more than one group at a time, they will.

We did this a little more then a month ago. When they picked us up it was a regular van, that held about 9 people. But on the way back it was a big bus, like what they use with DME. We got a pickup time of 820 and got to the park right around 9 or a few minutes later. They made stops at other hotels and at Sea World first.

What was the cost roundtrip from WDW to Universal?

Bus/Van round-trip is $18 a person, even for children.
Taxi would be about $30 each way, Mears taxis have a max of five people.

We'll be at POR from November 17-25th. I plan on using a taxi on the 23rd and 24th for our family of five.

Bus/Van: would be $90 round trip
Taxi: $33 x2 = $66 (including tip)

Good thing about the taxi too is that it won't be going here and there to pick up other people.

If you want to get to the park at opening I would take a taxi.

In August we took a taxi from ASM to Universal it was about $35 with tip.

We took Mears last year and got picked up at 8:15 and didn't get to the gates till 9:30.

They went to other hotels then SeaWorld it seemed to take forever, and on the way back you have a bus full of people going all over the place, for a few bucks more I would highly recommend a taxi.

I don't have a cost for the shuttle itself. The tickets to Universal we bought we in a mini package deal that included mears transport. I might go with a cab next time myself, just to save time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter