Mears question?

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
This may sound silly but we've never used anything but rental cars at MCO. Two members of our group will be arriving a few hours earlier than the rest of us so they'll need transportation to POR. I've seen both Mears vans and Mears buses at Disney resorts before. Since it is Easter weekend, what will they be given, a van or bus? Are the buses for large groups? If they are on a bus with 40 or so others will it take forever to get to Disney? I'm thinking about a taxi or towncar but would really like to save the extra $$$ to put toward extras. Any opinions? I know many prefer the towncar option but...

Originally posted by mom23guys2
This may sound silly but we've never used anything but rental cars at MCO. Two members of our group will be arriving a few hours earlier than the rest of us so they'll need transportation to POR. I've seen both Mears vans and Mears buses at Disney resorts before. Since it is Easter weekend, what will they be given, a van or bus? Are the buses for large groups? If they are on a bus with 40 or so others will it take forever to get to Disney? I'm thinking about a taxi or towncar but would really like to save the extra $$$ to put toward extras. Any opinions? I know many prefer the towncar option but...

The coaches are for when you have large amounts of people going to the same resort area... the vans are when you only have a few folks going to a resort area. It's just a matter of how many people show up and want to go where.

So if there were numerous people going to POR and POFQ they might have a coach take them and therefore avoid going to many other resorts or off-site hotel. I was worried about the coaches but maybe they'd actually work out okay. I guess there's no way to plan though.

Thanks for the clarification.

Originally posted by mom23guys2
So if there were numerous people going to POR and POFQ they might have a coach take them and therefore avoid going to many other resorts or off-site hotel. I was worried about the coaches but maybe they'd actually work out okay. I guess there's no way to plan though.

Thanks for the clarification.

Correct, if they have a bunch of people needing to go to Riverside and a bunch to go to French Quarter, they will put them all on one bus that will make two stops...

They don't just throw people onto a bus and say, "Okay, wheres everyone going?" Contrary to popular belief, they do have some rhyme and reason to what they do! :)

Hi Tyler, I have a question for you. My husband and I are flying into Orlando tomorrow for a wedding at Disney on Monday. This may sound really stupid but I've never used the Mears transportation. Is there a kiosk at the airport? I have the coupons from making our reservation at Pop Century, so the cost will be around $52.00 round trip. We're only staying at Pop for 2 nights and flying out again Tuesday morning. We want to get to Epcot tomorrow afternoon. Do you know how expensive it would be to take a taxi? We have already been to WDW 3 times this year but we've driven every time. This is totally foreign to me. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Sue Prescott

I also have a question, if you don't mind me asking here!

We've scheduled a Mears transport but we aren't arriving until 11:20 pm. What time does the shuttle service close? Or does it? I think we're supposed to check in at the Mears Desk then we will be brought to our bus.

Originally posted by Desiree
I also have a question, if you don't mind me asking here!
We've scheduled a Mears transport but we aren't arriving until 11:20 pm. What time does the shuttle service close? Or does it? I think we're supposed to check in at the Mears Desk then we will be brought to our bus.
We have arrived as late as 1:15 AM, and Mears had us covered. As long as they have your flight number and a reservation, they will be there to get you. Just confirm with them a day or so ahead of time and make sure they have you in the system. Then check in at the Mears booth (there are two on each side of the airport, I think) and they will direct you to the stop.

Taking Mears does take a while, but it is often a very cost-efficient option.

From my coupon
First pick up your tickets from the Mears counter then proceed outside to the bus dispatcher. The counter are near carousel #5 and #12 in Terminal A and #8 and #13 in Terminal B.
Automatic shuttle run between 9am to 7pm. Outside those time call them (407 423 5566) for reservation.

Originally posted by Susan Prescott
Hi Tyler, I have a question for you. My husband and I are flying into Orlando tomorrow for a wedding at Disney on Monday. This may sound really stupid but I've never used the Mears transportation. Is there a kiosk at the airport? I have the coupons from making our reservation at Pop Century, so the cost will be around $52.00 round trip. We're only staying at Pop for 2 nights and flying out again Tuesday morning. We want to get to Epcot tomorrow afternoon. Do you know how expensive it would be to take a taxi? We have already been to WDW 3 times this year but we've driven every time. This is totally foreign to me. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Sue Prescott

Yes, there are booths and kiosks at the airport. Im sure there are signs to them as well.

A taxi would be around $50 each way.

Generally speaking (and this is not always the case) Pop Century and Caribbean Beach are lined up together on the same coach/van... and Pop is almost always first to get off. So my thought is that it shouldn't be a long drive at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter