Mears Luggage Pickup

Duckielucky

Mouseketeer
We will be going from the Beach Club to Disney Cruise Line and then to the airport on the Mears bus. It is my understanding that once your bags are picked up at your room at the Beach Club you will not see them again until you find them in your cabin on the ship. Your bags are picked up from your cabin and you don't see them again until you get off the airplain at your destination. Is this correct?

Originally posted by Duckielucky
We will be going from the Beach Club to Disney Cruise Line and then to the airport on the Mears bus. It is my understanding that once your bags are picked up at your room at the Beach Club you will not see them again until you find them in your cabin on the ship. Your bags are picked up from your cabin and you don't see them again until you get off the airplain at your destination. Is this correct?

Almost.

The first part is correct. The second part isn't. When you debark, you'll need to collect your bags at the terminal to pass through customs and agriculture. If you are travelling on an airline that has a checkin at the cruise terminal, you can check your bags again right there and be done with them.

If they don't have a check in at the terminal, you'll bring them outside where Mears will load them, and again have to recheck them at MCO.

That is incorrect. You need to claim them in the luggage area once you disembark. There are porters there to help you and your location is indicated by the luggage tags that are left in your room. We had Donald Duck tags.

You then take your bags with your porter (who expects a tip) and can go outside. If your airline is one of about 7 (we used US Air, I think Delta, AA and United were there as well), they will check your bags right there, issue boarding passes and then you will not see your bags again until you land at your home airport. It is a nice process and a great convenience, especially receiving the boarding passes. Good luck.

There has been another posting about how this has changed....I am not sure of the thread name:confused: ...It points out that ONLY if you have purchased DISNEY TRANSFERS can you use the onsite checkin at the port. You might want to investigate a little more about recent changes...GOOD LUCK:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter