• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MeanLaureen's Useless Poll of the Day - Friday!

You have a room w/white walls & HAVE to paint it a color OTHER than beige/white.....

• Yellow - bright sunny yellow - buttery yellow, school bus yellow, gold..post your choice of shade

• Red - blood red, tomato red, burgundy.. post your choice of shade

• Deep Blue - royal blue, midnight blue... post your choice of shade

• Deep Purple - post your choice of shade

• Pure Deep Green - Grass green, Hunter green, Christmas green... post your choice of shade

• Bright orange - just like the fruit - or Home Depot ;) - post your choice of shade

• The "Williamsburg" shades - Rose, Williamsburg blue? - post your choice of shade

• Earthy colors - olive green? Terra cotta? post your choice of shade

• Pastels - lavender? mint? pink? lt. blue? peach? - post your choice of shade

• BLACKS! - Pure black? Concrete grey? - post your choice of shade

• Browns - chocolate?, umber?, Sienna? Post your choice of shade

• Other - please post

Results are only viewable after voting.

MeanLaureen

<font color=purple>Slam Dancer Extraordinaire<br><
Happy Friday everyone! - boy this was a long week!

So, is everyone ready for Easter? Do you have your Easter finest ready to wear to church on Sunday and are you ready to overload on chocolate eggs and bunnies afterwards? :)

I wish my week was done today but I still have to work Saturday. Gotta hate holidays and Hallmark!

Anyway - on to the question of the day..

"If you had a empty room in your house with white walls - and you HAD to paint it a color OTHER THAN Beiges or Whites, what would you pick?"

I went with Pastels. Ive always like the colors mint & peach together, so it would be one of those, with accents in the other color

Either pale blue or mint. Maybe pale lavender. I will find out this fall after my daughter's move because I want to paint all the rooms.

definetly a yellow.
I painted our master bedroom in our old house "Dusted Yellow" by Behr. Came out beautiful! had white trim, white furniture, and sage green w/ multi-color strips bed linen.

Looked like it all came from Pottery Barn...but in reality all the paint was from Home Depot and the bed linen was from KMart! heheh

A nice soft butter yellow.....or maybe pastels or, this is too hard! LOL good question though and hope you are feeling well.

Of course it depends on where it is, but I went with the pastels because I am really considering doing a "Florida" room!!

Well, I am in the process of repainting most of the rooms in my house.

Terra cotta, bright blue, yellow, Italian Villa ;) , green....not in the same room ;)

It would depend on what the room will be used for and on what time of day it gets the sunshine - but at the moment, I'm feeling rather peachy! :D

A soothing shade of blue...:D

Definitely green, it's my favorite color. It would have to be a light shade of green, just like my room.

It really depends on what the room is going to be used for IMHO. I like deep rich reds/cinnamin, dark greens, shades of blues/purples...
hmmm.....anything but a basic white or pale shades.

I prefer pastel colors.....

Also, for Easter Sunday, we are planning on going to church, having a potluck after, then coming back to our house to do an Easter Egg hunt with family and doing a barbecue later that evening. I got my daughter's dress at Goodwill and my son will wear something nice...prolly his white "dress up" shirt and his khaki courdoroy pants. As for me- I don't really have anything "fancy"- just prolly wear my nicest slacks and purple top.

I voted teracotta but....
I bought a new house with white walls and have painted a few so far. I have done the following:
hall stairs and landing: yellow
living room: teracotta
dining room and kitchen: tropical lime green (it does look nice)
bathroom: aqua marine (with fish stencils and a nautical theme)
my study: light blue and lilac

We still have a few rooms to do.

I really like greens but I painted my bedroom Hunter Green and it's so dark now I can't stand it. I voted for yellow. Such a cheery color!

I voted earthy colors... we painted our dining room a terra cotta shade. Love it! Then we painted our bedroom and our guest bedroom a lighter shade in the same family. Looks great!

Peach! In our townhouse years ago, we bought paint that was an off white but had a hint of color to it. The peach was BEAUTIFUL! And I just moved in to my new home yesterday. One of the bedrooms is peach and just gorgeous! The master bathroom is a pale yellow and just as gorgeous with a border along the top. Now for me to like a yellow room is somethiing!!! I normally have yellow at THE bottom of my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter