Meals on Virgin Flight

joanne74

Earning My Ears
To anyone who has just flown with VA....

What are they giving as children's meals? Do they vary a lot?

My DD is very fussy so want to work out how much food I should take for her for the flight.

3 weeks on Monday until we jet off!! :banana:

Having flown with Virgin every year now for the past 5 years with children, I dont remember a time that they havent had pasta either in a bolognaise sauce or Tomato Sauce.

Its actually quite edible, more so than some of the adults meals :sick:

Having flown with Virgin every year now for the past 5 years with children, I dont remember a time that they havent had pasta either in a bolognaise sauce or Tomato Sauce.

Its actually quite edible, more so than some of the adults meals :sick:

I totally agree.

DS is super fussy and although i personally think the food is quite edible on Virgin flights DS would not touch it with a barge pole, so i make sure he has a big breakfast and then do a packed lunch for the plane which include sandwiches, crackers, fruit, crisps etc, and he is more than happy with that. Just make sure you bin any fresh food before you get off the plane, otherwise you'll have a cute little sniffer dog wagging its tail at you at customs;)

2009 and 2010 Virgin kids meal outbound has been dinosaur pasta bolognaise, small bag haribo and an apple puree pouch (like an ella's kitchen one but with peter rabbit on)

Not great but better than the adults I agree however if the flight is full with families who have failed to pre-order their kids meal you will find that depending on who the cabin crew serve first you may not get your kids meal at all. Almost every trip we have gone we have had trouble getting the kids meal we always order. Think they just say 'do you want a kids meal' on their rounds and people say yes whether pre-ordered or not.

I've never heard anything good about the meals on Virgin Flights. :sad2: So i would suggest eating a big meal before boarding especially if your Daughter is a fussy eater - I can't remember eating on Virgin Flights as my family & I always eat before.

:tink:

Thanks everyone! We're flying from Gatwick at 1.30pm so once we've gone through security we'll head for Frankie & Benny's for a meal. I'll take plenty of things for my fussy DD to eat during the flight as I doubt she'll want anything they provide.

Sounds like that V-room breakfast will come in handy then ;) never eaten on a plane before so dont know what to expect.

We have flown with Virgin multiple times and although the meals are nothing outstanding I have never found them to be inedible. Although we would make sure that we have had breakfast before getting on the plane I have never felt the need to fill up so I can survive the flight.

I think we will probably just get our DS6 the adult meal anyway as he will eat just about anything we will, we are very lucky and he is not (or allowed to be) a fussy eater.

Steve

To anyone who has just flown with VA....

What are they giving as children's meals? Do they vary a lot?

My DD is very fussy so want to work out how much food I should take for her for the flight.

3 weeks on Monday until we jet off!! :banana:

Is that the 17th you go? If so looks like we're on the same flight as you.

Yes we're from gatwick - looks like we'll be on the same plane!:banana:

Will you be wearing anything lime green?;) I shall look out for you

Can't believe how it's almost here!

I too have fussy children ,we flew virgin in summer and kids ate nothing !!!! it is too long and I thought next year (if flights lower in price ) I will bring loads of snacks !! Good luck

Yes we're from gatwick - looks like we'll be on the same plane!:banana:

Will you be wearing anything lime green?;) I shall look out for you

Can't believe how it's almost here!

Mmmm.... don't think I can do lime green :laughing: but you can still look out for us. There's me (little, short brown hair, glasses), DH (not so little and not so much hair :rotfl:) and then our 2 kiddies - DS8 and DD5.

THREE WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :dance3: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

We've found that going out food is OK, but coming back is a different matter entirely. Last time it was allegedly an egg muffin (think McD) but it was inedible. Also nothing separate for the kids at b/fast.

Celestine

My tickets have arrived :banana:

I've been onto the Virgin website to do my APIs but I can't see where it says the children have children's meals booked. Anyone know where I should be looking?

Sounds like that V-room breakfast will come in handy then ;) never eaten on a plane before so dont know what to expect.

I've flown with Virgin a few times, and with many other airlines, and can't say I've noticed any difference in the quality of the food. I'm quite happy with Virgin's meals. I'll agree it's hardly high-end cuisine, but it's fine. My only gripe is that the vegetarian meals never have the nice chocolate pudding the carnivore meals have, as I guess they use the veggie meals as 'diet restricted' meals for other folks too. An apple just isn't the same when your other half is tucking into Gu chocolate pud! :rotfl2:

I remember reading somewhere that the altitude affects your taste buds, so whatever you were given wouldn't taste 'right' ;)

My only gripe is that the vegetarian meals never have the nice chocolate pudding the carnivore meals have, as I guess they use the veggie meals as 'diet restricted' meals for other folks too. An apple just isn't the same when your other half is tucking into Gu chocolate pud! :rotfl2:

My other half doesn't eat chocolate, so whenever I get a veggie meal I just save my dessert and then get to eat her chocolate pudding :)

Annoyingly on the flight home the breakfast seems to be a ham and cheese thingy or a cheese and egg thingy ;-) She can't eat cheese either so was then given two cereal bars....containing chocolate *ha* so no breakfast for her

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter