Meal timing and what to eat before Wine and Dine 1/2

MADCLFAN

Proud DVC & Castaway Member
I am running my 1st night race..anyone have tips on when to time your meals?? :confused3 My friends and husband is going to be running the 5K in the am so I am just wondering when should I time my meals??? Sooo super excited!!! Ran my long run 10 mi this past wkend felt great!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Everyone is different but I grazed around the Food & Wine booths from about noon until 1:00 and my stomach was fine. I run a lot at night during the summer though so my body is used to it.

We're planning a late breakfast/early lunch around 11am. From there, an early dinner (5pm-ish) and probably a snack (Clif Bar or something) an hour before the race kicks off. Top it off with a G01 Prime at T-15 minutes and I'll be good to go....and ready to chow down at the post-party.

I'm doing the 5K with a bunch of friends and having a light snack style breakfast before we head out. Lunch around 11. Dinner by 5.

For the Tower of Terror 13K night run, I ate late breakfast(slept in) and had early dinner around 4 pm. Had a bar for snack a couple of hours before the race start.

Worked well and plan to do that in a couple of weeks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter