Meal Plan Usage

lmcbw

Earning My Ears
Question regarding meal plan usage:

We are traveling in October as a family of 5, all on the Premium Dining Plan (2 meals + 1 counter service per day). We had planned to take our brother, who will be a CM out to eat with us and utilize some of our meals for him during our vacation.

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to use extra meals on a meal plan for someone who is not technically on the plan?

You can only purchase the amount of meals for the amount of people you have. So you would only be able purchase 2 adult meals if that is how many are on your meal plan. Or in your case 5.

Sarah

Question regarding meal plan usage:

We are traveling in October as a family of 5, all on the Premium Dining Plan (2 meals + 1 counter service per day). We had planned to take our brother, who will be a CM out to eat with us and utilize some of our meals for him during our vacation.

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to use extra meals on a meal plan for someone who is not technically on the plan?

If you are on the Premium Plan, you do know you have 3 meals per day per person and those meals can all be TS if you want them to. You don't have to do ANY CS while you are there.

As to your questions, NO you cannot. The plan brochure is very clear that meals are to be used ONLY for the person for whom it was purchased.

Yes just to clear it up

QS is 2 CS and 2 snacks, and one mug per person

Regular is 1 CS, 1 TS (no appetizer), 1 Snack

Deluxe is 3 TS with an appetizer, entree, dessert and drink, and one mug per person.

It is strictly against Disney's rules to use the credits for someone who is not on the plan. Also against Dis rules to show how to get around Disney's rules. Sorry, but I really hope you have a great trip.

Wow - I didn't realize it was against Disney rules. I had planned to call today to double-check but can't do it while I'm at work... I can post on DISboards, though and am glad I did.

Thanks for the heads up, too, about DISboards rules. I am definitely not trying to circumvent Disney policy.

Hi, Sharon,
Where can I get a hold of the plan brochure? I've been planning all over the phone. I'm assuming the website and am heading off to check now - if it is elsewhere please let me know!

Can dining plan meals be used for room service?

Yes they can! And while I'd never pay the prices OOP we love having a few meals in the room (mainly breakfast) when we are on the dxdp. It is a HUGE treat! They do require 2 credits per meal.... but if most are large enough that you can split and just ask for extra plates and utensils! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Yes they can! And while I'd never pay the prices OOP we love having a few meals in the room (mainly breakfast) when we are on the dxdp. It is a HUGE treat! They do require 2 credits per meal.... but if most are large enough that you can split and just ask for extra plates and utensils! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Ohhhh...didn't think of this. DH and and I are going for our Anniversary in October. Staying at the BCV. Will have to look into the room service menu for that. Might be romantic!

When you are on a dining plan at Disney, it is printed on your key to the world card. Your card states which of the dining plans that you are on, and the number of adults and children that are on the plan. That is how the server knows how many meal credits you are entitled to use, and if you can order appetizers with your meal.

Yes just to clear it up

QS is 2 CS and 2 snacks, and one mug per person

Regular is 1 CS, 1 TS (no appetizer), 1 Snack

Deluxe is 3 TS with an appetizer, entree, dessert and drink, and one mug per person.

It is strictly against Disney's rules to use the credits for someone who is not on the plan. Also against Dis rules to show how to get around Disney's rules. Sorry, but I really hope you have a great trip.

I'm pretty sure you get the mug also with the regular dining plan. We just booked our package with the regular dining plan and that is what it says on our confirmation!

I'm pretty sure you get the mug also with the regular dining plan. We just booked our package with the regular dining plan and that is what it says on our confirmation!

Only if you are going in 2012. The 2011 regular dining plan does NOT have the mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter