meal deal question

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
I'm looking into buying the 2 park ticket for late June. I know that you get a wristband for the parks to show you have the plan, but what gets you the meal at the Citywalk restaurants? Do you get some kind of a coupon?

Just show the wristband and they will either acknowlodge it or write the number off of it. (at least thats been my expeirence) go up as many times as you like. I found that the people who work there really dont mind if you go up 2-3-4 times and get stuff, although I do believe there are some restrictions with the wristband. Hope this info helps!

jayster,

Thanks for the info., but I wanted to know about Citywalk. I assume you don't mean you can eat there as many times as you want? (which would be great!) I'm wondering if you get a coupon for your meal, or how they keep track of you using it. Have you gotten the 2 park that includes Citywalk before?

I recently ordered the two park meal deal with City walk and was told it included one of four resturants in City Walk. The person I talked to on the phone said when we redeem the passes they will ask us what resturant we want to include on City Walk. I was told it was only for one meal off a limited menu and drink was included.

Not to highjack this thread but since my question is related. I saw on a list of food that is available to snacks did I see. Is this true. We sometimes like to get dessert, pudding cup, cookie ect. Also is soda included?

Last year on the meal deal for dessert, we had cookies, or a jello thingy. Drinks were in the refillable mug I think on the day we bought it drinks were free, but after that it was a $1 or so..

You'll get two tickets: One is redeemed to get you wristbands for the in-park meals. The other ticket is used for Citywalk.

phamtom,

Thanks, just what I needed to know. Do you know if the machines where you pick up the meal tickets are the same machines that you get the park tickets from?

Yes, you get them both at the electronic kiosks if you ordered them online.

Thanks again. I must be very low tech because it still amazes me that I can pick up the tickets I bought in December on my trip in June! I'm happy to hear that both park tickets and meal tickets can be picked up in the same place; it saves some running around in the heat.

Just got my meal deal tickets in the mail- the two park one day tickets have no dates on them but the city walk tickets have the dates on them. So...we have to use the city walk tickets on the days we are there this trip ?

So...we have to use the city walk tickets on the days we are there this trip ?

Yes, you will. The citywalk tickets are dated because citywalk dining is not included in the meal deal during peak times.

I'd check at Guest Services on the day your Citywalk tickets are dated for. Right now, it is OK to use your other meal deal tickets on another day but sometimes things change. I would hate for you to go to Citywalk and have them ask to see your wristband.

Desserts were (as of 2 weeks ago), cookie, jello, lemon bundt cake, and a chocolate thing that was realllllyyyy good.

I'd check at Guest Services on the day your Citywalk tickets are dated for. Right now, it is OK to use your other meal deal tickets on another day but sometimes things change. I would hate for you to go to Citywalk and have them ask to see your wristband.
Just got back on monday, and they checked our wrist bands when they collected our ticket/coupon.

To the OP-You don't need to decide which CW restaurant you'd like to dine at until you're ready to eat (unless you want to make reservations/priority seating). You can also get your meals wrapped to go if you decide you're pooped and just want to head "home".

The Drink (soft drink only-no liquor) is included at City Walk only--if you want to drink at the parks, you need to buy the sipper cup (I think it's $8.99) and that'll give you free refils of soft drinks at the participating restaurants.

The opposite is true about desserts--they are available only at the parks. At City Walk, you can purchase a dessert with your meal, but it is NOT included with the pass. The cookies are great...jello's whipped cream is, well, gross. the lemon cake is a little dry but yummy and the chocolate mouse cake whatever it is was okay.

Heads up--Latin Quarters has AMAZING chicken fajitas. You "build" them yourself, and the salsa is so fresh....mmm....They also had a guitarist playing when we ate there.

Enjoy!

Kelly

Thanks for the info on this everyone, especially Kelly with her recent update :)

I'll definitely be trying this out once or twice. Will the CityWalk part be included in June? Do I just buy the mealdeal and it is automatically included?

You have to check the website for the "peak times". June is okay, but as of July 1st you're in the seasonal rates (costs $1 more), and those do not include the CW meal.

The CW meal is only included in the 2park/1day deal ($24.99), not the one park deal. And yes, all you do is purchase that plan, and if you use the e-tickets, it will print out at the same time.

I also wanted to ad that we ate at Pat O'Briens one night. If you think you want to use your CW pass there (and I'm not trying to dicourage anyone!) keep in mind that their available meals are mostly burgers and salads (gumbo too i think...). Personally I was pretty done with burgers and salads after eating in the parks all day. ....speaking of, the chicken ceasar salad in the parks--included in the meal deal--was pretty good, as was the soup that came with it in the Monsters Cafe. Having said all that, my sisters enjoyed their burgers and I enjoyed my salad, but I could have "went" for something different.

I encourage everyone to look at the available menus before being seated (this is what we didn't do with Pat o'Briens which was night one). We saw some annoyed people leaving Bob Marley's....apparently they thought they could get some "normal" food there (maybe they were looking for a regular burger?) when Marley's special is carribean food. :confused3

Another side note--Not sure if this is 100% ethical, but we also took the cookies with every meal even if we weren't in the mood for them...they come either wrapped or in a plastic baggie, and make *excellent* late night treats at the hotels. They taste great cold from the fridge or popped in the microwave for 15 seconds.

Best Wishes
Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter