• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meal Deal BOGO 50% question about drink

kohlby

DIS Veteran
I see the BOGO 50% meal with drink deal (QS + Freestyle) is going on again for APHs. I asked a while ago if you had to use up all your credits when you get the meal deal, and was told that you didn't. However, I noticed some fine print on this one. It says: "If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. "

Does anyone have any experience using this deal and saving your drink credits for a different day? Since this is the combo with the drink, it would make sense to save the drink credits if allowed. We won't have any issues using the food portions on the same day.

I see the BOGO 50% meal with drink deal (QS + Freestyle) is going on again for APHs. I asked a while ago if you had to use up all your credits when you get the meal deal, and was told that you didn't. However, I noticed some fine print on this one. It says: "If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. "

Does anyone have any experience using this deal and saving your drink credits for a different day? Since this is the combo with the drink, it would make sense to save the drink credits if allowed. We won't have any issues using the food portions on the same day.
Could you please post the link where info about this can be found?

We are going this Sun and Mon, family of 6, and plan to eat at 3 Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron. Two of us have APs. Is this something we would want to use?

I don't remember exactly how I found it. Our AP's aren't activated yet so it was through searching. I may have searched something like "Universal Orlando annual passholder 2015 deals" and then gone through what came up until I found one that matched our dates. That same place also showed that AP holders can get in for the extra early hour on weekdays even if they aren't staying onsite. If your AP is activated, I bet there's an easier way to find the info though!

The menus for the restaurants are on this board. Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem like it would work for my family, but a lot of people like it. We always get the chicken and ribs platter at 3 Broomsticks and then share two of those for the five of us. (Though we might need to share 3 of them this time the way my 12 year old is growing/eating!) We've had bad luck with the rotisserie chicken being dry at Thunder Falls - it happened twice - but it's always been good when we get it at 3 Broomsticks. (But - we also don't go to Universal that often).

I don't remember exactly how I found it. Our AP's aren't activated yet so it was through searching. I may have searched something like "Universal Orlando annual passholder 2015 deals" and then gone through what came up until I found one that matched our dates. That same place also showed that AP holders can get in for the extra early hour on weekdays even if they aren't staying onsite. If your AP is activated, I bet there's an easier way to find the info though!

The menus for the restaurants are on this board. Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem like it would work for my family, but a lot of people like it. We always get the chicken and ribs platter at 3 Broomsticks and then share two of those for the five of us. (Though we might need to share 3 of them this time the way my 12 year old is growing/eating!) We've had bad luck with the rotisserie chicken being dry at Thunder Falls - it happened twice - but it's always been good when we get it at 3 Broomsticks. (But - we also don't go to Universal that often).

How do we do this? Buy ahead somewhere? Online? At the park? Or just show AP and ask for the discount? Excluded anywhere? I googled and can't find it and haven't activated the AP yet.

This sounds great. We've got APs and will likely mostly do CS restaurants, so this could work well for us. Gotta find the details somewhere.

The current deals for AP holders are on the Universal website.

If you scroll down under the AP pricing/benefits chart.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes.aspx#dine

This is the info about this current deal

Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service + Coca-Cola freestyle®
Buy one Universal Dining Plan - Quick service + Coca-Cola freestyle® and get 50% OFF on second plan from November 1 - December 17, 2015.

Offer is available to Universal Orlando Annual Passholders from November 1 - December 17, 2015. Offer valid for in-park purchase(s) only when purchasing a Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service + Coca-Cola freestyle® with presentation of a valid Annual Pass. Purchase at all Quick Service locations. Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.

The current deals for AP holders are on the Universal website.

If you scroll down under the AP pricing/benefits chart.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes.aspx#dine

This is the info about this current deal

Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service + Coca-Cola freestyle®
Buy one Universal Dining Plan - Quick service + Coca-Cola freestyle® and get 50% OFF on second plan from November 1 - December 17, 2015.

Offer is available to Universal Orlando Annual Passholders from November 1 - December 17, 2015. Offer valid for in-park purchase(s) only when purchasing a Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service + Coca-Cola freestyle® with presentation of a valid Annual Pass. Purchase at all Quick Service locations. Limit two (2) offer redemptions per day [two full price Dining Plan Combo(s) and two ½ price Dining Plan Combo(s)]. If purchasing two (2) Dining Plan Combo(s), both Dining Plan Combo(s) must be purchased and used on the same day during normal theme park operating hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or prior purchase.

Thanks! Purchase in the parks day of?

When they had this deal back in September it worked well because it was on the Quick Service Plan alone which is 19.99 + tax and you could use your extra drink credit on a different day. With the Nov/Dec. deal it looks like you have to add the Freestyle cup for 25.99 + tax which will only be good for that day. So with the Nov/Dec deal after the discount you pay 19.49 + tax per meal, save only 1.00 total over the regular priced quick service plan and get the freestyle cup for free. I don't think we'll bother with it, not a great savings and for us the "convenience" of the freestyle drinks is negated by having to carry the cups around all day, particularly when it's not even hot out...

When they had this deal back in September it worked well because it was on the Quick Service Plan alone which is 19.99 + tax and you could use your extra drink credit on a different day. With the Nov/Dec. deal it looks like you have to add the Freestyle cup for 25.99 + tax which will only be good for that day. So with the Nov/Dec deal after the discount you pay 19.49 + tax per meal, save only 1.00 total over the regular priced quick service plan and get the freestyle cup for free. I don't think we'll bother with it, not a great savings and for us the "convenience" of the freestyle drinks is negated by having to carry the cups around all day, particularly when it's not even hot out...
Thank you for that info.

Yes - I did the math and figured out the same. However- since the included regular drinks don't have to be used that day, it's worth it for us.

After re-reading the specs on this, I feel confused.

I had intended to buy three and get three more at half price. I use three per day. But, if I buy two and get two more at half price, that gives me a total of four. Am I required to use all four that same day? Or just the two that I bought at half price?

Any help from anyone who has used these would be appreciated!

I think when I did the math it didn't make sense for me either, because there's no "value" in the freestyle cups for me. the $5.99 recharge for other days is way more than we'd spend in soda if we just got regular refillable cups.

I like the freestyle so that's not an issue for me.

My concern is the use. If I buy two and get two for half price, am I required to use all four that same day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter