Me too, please- Itinerary

Joyciemc

DIS Veteran
I'm a big copycat, so I'm posting my itinerary for you kind folks too look at and give input, if you are so inclined.

Who's going, you ask? Me, a 24 y/o Disney nut who is very much burnt out from working and pet sitting for everyone in Chicago who happens to own a bunny (I'm exagerating, but not by much). I am drooling just thinking about this vacation. I've been a few times as a kid, and then a few more times as a bigger kid. Last trip was Jan 04.
I'll be joined by my Mom. She's older than me (that's as specific as we need to get, I think :p ), and also loves Disney. She hasn't been in 12 years (family trip, we were there for 2 weeks at POFQ and that was before AK and BB... it was great)

Wed 12/8 arrive! Heading to MK, lunch PS at LTT for 2:30 pm. My only aim is to see Spectro and Wishes, any attractions will just be extra today.

Thu 12/9 AK till 5 or so. Dinner will be here (Flame Tree BBQ, I hope. Yum!)
Then MK for MVMCP

Fri 12/10 MGM for the day. Lunch PS at 50's PTC 12:10 pm. Fantasmic at night- in my past 2 trips, have never made it to see this show. This WILL be corrected.

Sat 12/11 Popcot (Epcot to the rest of you, but it will always be Popcot to us). No food plans yet, we are overloaded with options and incapable of decision making. Ack. Maybe head to MK in the evening (it's open till midnight), if we're feeling frisky. Probably not, though.

Sun 12/12 We may switch this, and let Sat be a rest day, and hit Epcot today. Right now it's open, and I'm considering adding a second MVMCP. We'll want t go to DTD, so that could happen here. Or Sat, if we've run ourselves into the ground.

Mon 12/13 Go home. Crap.

Ok, it sounds busy. But I promise we're not commandoing it. My Mom physically can't, so that'll hold me in check. We're going to enjoy the Christmasy-ness of the place, and go with the flow. Trust me, I need it after these next 2 weeks. I have to go to 4 different house to give salads to bunnies, while still working full time. It's trip money. It's worth it, deep breaths, Joyce.

Sorry I'm so long winded. I'm the most excited girl in the whole world right now, and you guys are the only ones who understand! :bounce:

It looks fine to me, Joyciemc, a fun time. Maybe I will see you guys there, I am there till 12/10. :wave: And make sure to check the Community and Meet boards from time to time for the winter Chicago DIS meet, probably Jan/Feb.

Enjoy. ::MickeyMo :wave: ::MinnieMo

Everything looks great but here are a few suggestions:

Do EPCOT on Sunday and take Saturday at a rest day. Saturday will be the busiest day at the partks. If you can, change your dinner at Flame TRee BBQ to earlier. I suggest getting to the Xmas party as early as possible!! We like to go to Tomorrowland and hang out before the party actually starts that way we get all of tomorrowland out of the way and can enjoy the rest of the party the rest of the night!! We always do a PS at LTT or CP around 4:30-5ish. But no matter, you will have a wonderful time, this is just what I have found to work well but everyone is different! We are going to be there the same time you are just a little sooner!! Have a wonderful time!

Gina::MinnieMo

Just curious as to the origination of "Popcot". Was that a child's pronunciation that stuck with your fam or what?

One thing you might want to consider is that Fri 12/10 is the Pop Warner party at MGM. I know the party is at night, but don't know many more details such as when it starts and ends. Maybe someone who has been at MGM on the day of this party in years past can comment as to the effect it has on crowds at MGM that day.

Have a great trip with your mom! We're arriving the same day.

Originally posted by Joyciemc

Mon 12/13 Go home. Crap.

I know that you'll be busy, but my guess is that you might have to schedule a time to crap when you are there, too. :teeth:

Seems that your AK day will be very long, especially if your mother isn't able to go too commando. I would get to AK when they open, stay until mid afternoon and then rest for a couple hours before the party.

Wear your lime green and look out for me--I'll be there from 12/1-12/14.

T&B

Originally posted by Joyciemc

Thu 12/9 AK till 5 or so. Dinner will be here (Flame Tree BBQ, I hope. Yum!)Then MK for MVMCP B]

We'll be at MVMCP on the 9th too!!

Flame tree BBQ is my absolute fav in AK (maybe in all of WDW!)....but like another poster, I would suggest changing to either a late lunch time or making a PS in MK. LLT is booked solid, but I did get a PS at Plaza Rest for 4:50 for 2. Had to change it to 3 people and could only get 4:35 so far - So even that is booking up!

I don't think I'd want to pass up Flame Tree for Plaza, so maybe think about a late lunch around 3:30 or 4 and then head to MK?

Have fun! Gosh, it would be so great to run into DIS people that weekend, esp at MVMCP!!
:wave:

Thanks for checking it out, and for your suggestions. I definitely agree that whole days at the parks might get to be a bit much, and we very well could head out for breaks during the day. This is pretty much just us knowing where we're headed in the morning.

Hmmm, Pop Warner. What is that nonsense, who invited them during MY trip?(Kidding!) Anyone know how this will effect things?

Thanks again, everyone! And does anyone know how to make 2 weeks go by faster??

We go this time every year and the pop warner thing is always going on. However, it doesn't seem to affect anything in anyway. They schedule certain things for the pop warner participants so you don't really see them. We love going this time of year!

Where are you staying? If you can, I would schedule your days lightly. Honestly, you don't need to be at Animal Kingdom all day especially if you get there when it opens, which I would recommend. I love the AK but there isn't enough to keep you busy for 8 hours unless you are just completely unorganized with what you do. If you have park hoppers you could always "hop":bounce: over there to eat at Flame Tree in the middle of the day. For example, we like to spend the day at MK and EPCOT but like to leave for a few hours around noon because that is when the crowds are heaviest, then we head back around 4ish. Just a thought! No matter, you will have a wonderful time!! See you there! :wave2:

Gina::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter