ME to POP, how long?

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
My niece will be joining us for the second 1/2 of our trip this year. None of us has ever used ME since we rent a car but my question is, for those we have taken it to POP, approximately how long does it take to get there? Her flight arrives at 5:05 p.m. so about what time would she arrive?

We are wondering if one of us should just go pick her up instead. Any info you can give me would be appreciated. :goodvibes

(And by the way, she's an adult, not a kid)

I would guess that she would be at pop in about an hour. Pop is the first stop on the ME route.

Pop is usually the first stop, although one of our illustrious moderators will tell you she was once the last stop. The average time from landing to resort is seventy minutes. That one time, goofy4tink's ride took 90 minutes.

I've taken ME to POP twice this year and we were the first stop. I was checking into the hotel in about an hour. I'd just let her use ME.

Thanks for all the quick responses. ME it is! Besides, since we're surprising my DD with her visit, how would we have kept it a secret if one of us left?

Thanks again! :wizard:

Pop is usually the first stop, although one of our illustrious moderators will tell you she was once the last stop. The average time from landing to resort is seventy minutes. That one time, goofy4tink's ride took 90 minutes.

Yep, what she said!!! I've ridden DME to POP 3 times now....twice we were the first stop and I was there in about 60 mins, but the one time we were last of three stops, it took close to 90 mins!!

Any idea where AKL falls in the stops on ME? We are thinking about using it vs a towncar for our one-night stay at AKL in Feb. I wasnt sure if I should figure on the same approx 70 mins.

Nope. There are not really any 'set' routes. Pop Century is usually the first stop on its bus because, well, it's the closest resort to the airport and it's just most efficient for the buses not to backtrack. But other than that, we really can't say. If there happen to be enough Guests riding DME to a particular resort, it might be the ONLY stop. Never know.

Thanks again everyone. :disrocks: I arranged her ME last night. This will work out so much better for the surprise. :goodvibes Now I only have to keep it from my DD7! Not an easy task. But the look on her face when Shelley (DN) joins us will be priceless! :cloud9: The plan is that DN will call DD just before she meets up with us and say something like "Oh, I wish I was there with you...." and then walk in! :tink:

Based on the info you all provided it looks like we can expect her to arrive before 7 which works out great as we have 7:30 ADRs at Boma's. Too fun!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter