• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ME to PO to Epcot to Chefs de France timing

sue_go_disney

Earning My Ears
Late September, on a Tuesday. Plane arrives at 1:15pm. Dinner at 5:20pm at Chefs de France in Epcot. Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside.
Did online resort check-in. If I get on ME by 2, and get to resort by 3, and get to park by 4:30??? Walk to back of park by 5pm... France pavilion, Chefs de France for 5:10pm... Want to see Remy! :yay:

Can I make it??? :scared:

Maybe. I would put your chances at about 50%. Having an ADR on arrival day is risky, particularly if it's within 5 to 6 hours after arrival - there are just too many potential delays.

Disney will still get you into Chef's even if you are late for your reservation. You may just have to wait a little bit. We've been late for our reservations and early for our reservations, sometimes by up to an hour, but we always have been able to still eat at the restaurant.

Late September, on a Tuesday. Plane arrives at 1:15pm. Dinner at 5:20pm at Chefs de France in Epcot. Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside.
Did online resort check-in. If I get on ME by 2, and get to resort by 3, and get to park by 4:30??? Walk to back of park by 5pm... France pavilion, Chefs de France for 5:10pm... Want to see Remy! :yay:

You should be able to make it. If your flight lands ontime, you should be at PO by 2:45. That gets you checked in, to your room to freshen up and to the Epcot bus stop by 3:30. At Epcot by 4-4:15 depending on waits for the bus. Back to WS by 4:45.
Now, if you want to cut some time off? You could take a cab from PO to BW and then walk to the International Gateway from there..under 10 mins. France is about a 3 min walk from the IG. It would take a total of about 20-25 mins...tops...from PO to WS that way. Cost would be around $15 I would think.

Four hours should be enough time as long as your flight arrives on time. If you take a taxi from POR to the BC or BW and enter via the IG that will save time vs taking the bus from POR to the front of Epcot.

The only problem is you may not see Remy with a 5:10 reservation. Recent reports have said his last round of the day now starts at 5:00, but even if it's at 5:20 you might miss him. You have to be in your seat when he comes to your table so if you're in the process of being seated, still waiting for a table or away from your table you will miss him. If he has already passed your table, he will not backtrack nor will you be able to go up to him.

Thanks! I found a reservation for 5pm, so I changed it. If we are running behind getting to the resort, I can just ask guest services to see if there are any later reservations, and open the table up for walk-up guests, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter