ME / Rental Car question

SullyDog

Earning My Ears
Does this sound like a good plan? I wanted to do the ME for our trip to Disney World because it will be nice not to hassle with the luggage and also because I think my kids (ages 6 and 7) will get a kick out of riding the bus, the movie, etc.

Once we get to AKL I thought we'd rent a car from the Car Care Center for the week since we really enjoy the freedom of having our own transportation. Then I thought we'd drive the rental car back to the airport at the end of our trip rather than taking ME back. We are not flying on a participating airline so using ME won't save us the luggage hassle, and that way we can leave our resort on our own schedule rather than the ME's schedule.

Any concerns with this plan? Is there typically a charge if you rent a car from the Car Care Center but return it at the airport?

That's exactly what I plan to do.
In fact, from what I read, a number of people had done that. Renting from CCC is also cheaper. For me it is over $100 cheaper. I use the Walmart code from mousesavers.com + the entertainment coupon.

Currently I have two reservations, one at CCC for alamo and the second at MCO for National.

We are doing the exact same thing!!! For the same reasons. LOL. :flower:

I guess I should mind my own business, but would you people try using national
out of the Dolphin? I keep looking at both the Dolphin (orlr13) and the CCC and
my rates are always a good chunk of change better at the Dolphin. I will be
picking up there and dropping at MCO Dec 24-Jan 3. I would be curious if you
folks see a good difference. Just a thought.
PS, to FAC, dems are my initials to!! :crazy: :earsgirl: :smooth: :bounce:
PSS I used contract code 5066914
coupon code 10009123

Thank you for the tip. I'm going to price a car rental from National at the Dolphin and see how it compares to Alamo and National from the Car Care Center.

I assume there is a shuttle that will take you from your resort to the Dolphin and back just like there is for the Car Care Center?

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences renting from National at the Dolphin? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter