ME Question

Ptwolfman

Mouseketeer from CA
If we fly in the night before our cruise, will ME take us to our hotel ( probably not anything Disney related)? If not, any suggestions on how to get to the hotel? Shuttle recommendations?

Also thinking of doing a couple days at Epcot post cruise. Any transportation suggestions from the pier to hotel near the Park? Thanks in advance

Easy answer. ME is only for Disney Resort guests staying on Disney property to go to and from the airport. ME is not used for transportation to and from Port Canaveral

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

If we fly in the night before our cruise, will ME take us to our hotel ( probably not anything Disney related)? If not, any suggestions on how to get to the hotel? Shuttle recommendations?

Also thinking of doing a couple days at Epcot post cruise. Any transportation suggestions from the pier to hotel near the Park? Thanks in advance

Renting a car would be your best bet or hiring a towncar/limo service.

No Disney bus will take you to a non-Disney hotel.

Are you staying near the airport in a hotel when you land? If so, most all the hotels in the airport area offer free shuttle service to and from the airport. There is one hotel that was near the airport and actually offered transportation to port canaveral as a package. I forget the name. I think member Kcashner has the name...I believe she is the one that posted the info.

Again, rental cars or limo service would be the only way to the port from most of the hotels in the area (except Disney area).

MJ

OK...ME will take you from MCO to a WDW hotel ONLY. That is all they do, so unless you stay at a WDW hotel, that is not an option.

All the MCO area hotels that I'm aware of offer complimentary shuttles to/from MCO. That means you could return to MCO in the morning and take DCL transfers to the port.

You can rent a car. You can hire a towncar/limo/shuttle service.

There are 2 hotels that I'm aware of in the MCO area that offer a stay/breakfast/cruise transportation package. They are the Hyatt Place NW and the Wyngate. We prefer the Hyatt Place, and it costs less as well as providing better service. Cost at the Hyatt Place varies with the night--we got it for $121 (hotel, breakfast, round trip cruise transportation), but I checked another night and it was $150. This is for up to 4 people.

They Wyngate is more in the $200 range AND they ruined their service--the cruise transportation used to depart at 10:30, but they moved it to 12 (too late IMHO).

On the way home--if staying at a WDW hotel, you can use DCL transfers. If staying off property--car rental or towncar/limo service.

Check out SuperShuttle to get from the airport to your hotel (depending on where it is). I'm using them to get from MCO to the Dolphin, and they're really reasonable. (I'm paying $18 one way).

Sayhello

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. I'm subscribing to this so I can keep the answers handy. I'm thinking of flying in the night before we cruise and staying near the airport and possibly spending a few days at a hotel near DW after the cruise.

If at all remotely possible, do fly in the day/evening before. You don't want a late plane ruining your cruise vacation!!:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. I'm subscribing to this so I can keep the answers handy. I'm thinking of flying in the night before we cruise and staying near the airport and possibly spending a few days at a hotel near DW after the cruise.
If you stay at "a hotel near DW" and not a WDW hotel after your cruise, you will not be able to take DCL transportation from the port to that hotel, either. You'll need to rent a car, or arrange some sort of private transportation.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter