ME never arrived...

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
We leave in about 10 hours and I'm freaking out!

A little background...I originally only planned on using ME for our return flight because we were going to rent a car and head to US/IOS for a couple of days, but we ended up scrapping that idea for this trip. BECAUSE...my son's hs varsity football team keeps winning in the playoffs and while my DH, DD and I leave tonight, the semi-finals game is tomorrow at 1pm. IF they win, they will play in the State Championship on the 26th, which also overlaps our trip!!! So...my two DS's are staying home at least through tomorrow and if they lose, their DGP's will drive them to the airport on Monday night to spend Thanksgiving with us at LTT! If they win, they are both staying home and for the first time I will be separated from my kids :sick:.
The stress of not knowing what is happening is making me crazy! I have plans in place for them to take the dog to a friends, take our nutty bird to be boarded, but everything seems so up in the air to me, I can't think straight! (...BREATH)

This brings me to the ME problem. As soon as I knew this was getting complicated, we ditched the US/IOS idea and reserved ME for our incoming flight, well actually BOTH incoming flights. BUT, the booklets never arrived. I only received the outgoing vouchers. I called MS last week and she said we were "in the system" and everything was mailed. :confused3 When I asked what happens if we don't receive them, the CM said just to show ID and we'll be able to get on the bus. Both flights arrive after 10pm, so we have to get our own luggage, so the tags aren't the issue for me. I'm worried about the transportation!!! We arrive at 10:25pm and my boys' flight arrives at 12:05AM:eek: and I don't want them (or us) stranded!

Has anyone been through this before?
Thanks! I'm sure I'm making more out of this than need be, but if I didn't, it wouldn't be vacation!:rolleyes:

Not the same, but I have arrived at MCO without ME boarding pass, and at different times, DH had arrived at MCO after midnight because of weather. In each case, we were transported, and it wasn't a problem.

I hope however the playoffs turn out, you have a great Thanksgiving.

Bobbi:goodvibes

For our one and only flight to Disney, our ME stuff never arrived either. We just went to the desk, showed ID, and got on the bus. Easy peasy.

Like the other posters have said I think you'll be okay, you'll just have to check in at the counter.

Have you called ME directly? Maybe if you talk to them it will make you feel better knowing your reservation is really there. Here's the phone number 866-599-0951

1st off - Congrats to the kids! :cheer2: I know the feeling you're going through - it will all work out.

Don't kill yourself worrying over the ME tags and book. The counter at the ME area will help you out - you have your reservations, just make sure to collect and bring your bags.

You really can just check in with the ME counter when you get there. However, if it would set your mind at ease you can call ME directly. The booklet with the outgoing vouchers will have the direct phone number.

As an international traveller I never get the booklet (they don't mail it abroad) and it always worked perfectly. Also people who book it just before their trip won't have vouchers. So they will have plenty of guests without ME documents arriving every day.

I hope this helps you calm down a bit! Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

You don't need the booklet, as long as you are reserved in the system is all that matters. Just check in at the counter with your ID and you're good to go.

Oh and OP you may want to adjust the Title of the thread to ME Documents Never Arrived. LOL I initially thought there were no buses to get you and you got stranded :scared1::scared1:

I have also had this happen where the tags didn't arrive and it's as easy as it sounds. Just show your ID at the ME desk and off you'll go! Have fun!

It's annoying but it's not a big deal. Just go collect your luggage and head to the ME counter in the airport.

~OR~ you can just go straight to the ME counter and give them your luggage claim tickets.

I personally would pick my luggage up first.

We rented a car for the first part of our trip. We planned on returning the car on Wednesday at about 9pm. I called ME at about 4pm from OKW and they got me booked that day, no problems.

I wouldn't worry about not having a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter