• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ME luggage delivery, not happy

OP Here....I couldn't find this thread when I got home, so that's why I didn't update sooner.

Anyway, We finally got our bags at 2am. I told my husband that next time we arrive after 8, we'll pick up the bags ourself. He thinks this was all no big deal (of course he wasn't the one staying awake waiting for the bags).

I do think that the guy on the phone was just not telling me the truth that the bags were 'still at the airport' because it just didn't make any sense at all, and I think there may have been a language barrier in play as well.

I was just disappointed because we've not ever had any problem like this is in the past.

If you had everything you needed in your carry-on, why just not get your luggage in the morning when you woke up? I wouldn't spend half the night waiting for luggage to arrive.

Just an FYI, for those thinking they will get their luggage themselves. Last year we arrived at MCO (didn't take MDE because we were doing a few days in Orlando before checking into wdw). We waited at the luggage turnstile for almost 2 hours because there were thunderstorms in the area and they couldn't get the luggage off the plane. One of the employees told me a baggage handler had gotten struck by lightning a few weeks before that. I would much rather get on DME and go to the hotel and wait for my luggage then sit in a crowded airport. It really was annoying waiting.

Last edited:
I would go to sleep too around 7-8 then you have enough sleep and are up and adjusted to time zone. Try coming from the west coast and adjusting to the time zone, it's much harder. I got some interesting g looks at Disney springs with a toddler at 11 pm, but my time that's only 8.

Thanks for that :). I can imagine the looks you got LOL. For us it can go the other way, esp when we sleep on the plane (4-6 hours of sleep on a 9+ hour flight), so we can be exhausted when we arrive and hit the sack, or still a bit fresh. Where we gain is the next morning. Even if we get up at 6 or 7am to get in for extra magic hours, by our body clocks that's 11am-12pm, so a really late sleep :). I'm prepared for whatever way it plays out, but as we only have 4 days it would be awesome to see the fireworks at MK on our first night of MIL's first trip ever. Though we are staying at Pop and I hear you can see the HS fireworks from the bridge, so we could possibly do that.

Just an FYI, for those thinking they will get their luggage themselves. Last year we arrived at MCO (didn't take MDE because we were doing a few days in Orlando before checking into wdw). We waited at the luggage turnstile for almost 2 hours because there were thunderstorms in the area and they couldn't get the luggage off the plane. One of the employees told me a baggage handler had gotten struck a few weeks before that. I would much rather get on DME and go to the hotel and wait for my luggage then sit in a crowded airport. It really was annoying waiting.

Something similar (along with getting a duff car and having to replace it) was why we were 5 hours before leaving MCO on our last trip. They sent our bags through to the second carousel after collecting at customs, loaded half of them onto the final carousel and then started loading on planes that arrived after ours with our luggage still sitting on the truck. Those people hadn't made it through to pick up their luggage, so no more could be loaded. After an hour or so of waiting for our last bag they finally owned up to what went wrong, so everyone started unloading all bags off the conveyor and finally the last bags showed up. Meanwhile there were two other EMPTY conveyors!!

But in a sense all the more reason I kind of want to have my hands on our luggage before leaving, especially as we don't get the ME tags. Would ME follow up to find them, or would they just sit there until we chased it up the following day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter