ME ?? from a first timer

lsutiggeratwk

Mouseketeer
this will be my first time using ME.

i will be traveling solo and will only have one checked bag {flying with SW}

can i get my bag from baggage claim and take it with me on the bus? if so, do they put it underneath in the cargo hold or would i have to take it on the bus with me??

thanks -

If you want to take your luggage with you DO NOT put the yellow tags on your luggage that ME sends to you.

Keep in mind that by claiming your own bag you'll be delaying your own arrival at your resort. In the time it takes you to wait at baggage claim, the next available bus to your resort has probably left already, and you'll be waiting for the next one.

DME has a very very good track record as far as baggage handling goes. The DME luggage tag has a barcode. The barcode is scanned 5 separate times between airplane and resort room, and the dedicated luggage delivery trucks are tracked by GPS. Disney has a high-tech system in place.

Just in case you wanted to know ....:rolleyes1

this is the OP - i'm just at home now - not at work :happytv:

my flight doesn't get to mco until 5:00pm-ish. If it really takes as much as 4 hours to receive it, then it will be close to 9:00pm. i would really like it earlier than that.

i don't really mind collecting it and bringing it to the bus with me. it will only be one bag.

thanks for the information. i had read this info somewhere recently but now can't figure out where :confused3:confused3

OP: have a great trip
We always pull our own luggage. We like our stuff and its generally so fast thru SW and to ME!
Also, if it is small in size, like a duffel or carry on, we have seen others take it with them, and even place it on the seat next to them, not sure it you are supposed to and if bus is busy, likely not.
Again, its a breeze, and as someone said, Don't use that yellow tag on your luggage!!

Yes, you can. BUT...when flying SW, you arrive on Side A of MCO. Hence, baggage claim is going to be on Side A as well. So, you take the monorail from the gate area over to the main terminal. You are on level 3 at this point. Now, if you collect your bag, you have to go down to level 2, Side A, wait for your bag, then take it back up to level 3, cross over to Side B, and go down to level 1 in order to get to DME. For me, that would be a hassle. But, you may not mind the addtl walking.
In all eventuality, your bag will most likely be delivered to your resort in less than 4 hrs. That is the outside time frame.

Be sure to be prepared to tip the bus driver for baggage handling..that is not included in your 'free' ride..so to speak.

Also, if it is small in size, like a duffel or carry on, we have seen others take it with them, and even place it on the seat next to them, not sure it you are supposed to and if bus is busy, likely not.
If it is your carry-on and can be held in your lap, take it on the bus. YOUR LUGGAGE DOES NOT GET A SEAT. It doesn't matter what people do or have done, or that there may happen to be an empty seat next to a person; it's entirely possible that a parent somewhere else on the bus is unsafely hold a child on their lap because there didn't appear to be a seat.

Not criticizing the quoted poster - that poster isn't doing this, but has simply observed it being done :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter