• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ME and Waitlist

SarahAndMike

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find the answer. We have a 2BR booked in SSR for the super busy 12/7 - 12/12 timeframe. Since 7-months out we've waitlisted a LOT of other places (just to try something else). We have the waitlist until 7 days out. If we set up ME for the trip, are we in trouble if we get our waitlist last minute? Can we/ will we get new luggage tags? I'm assuming the bus won't be an issue because I can inform them of the change when we check-in.

Thanks!

You will be fine. I just had last minute waitlist come through. If you already have luggage tags you can take a marker, change the resort to the ones you go to. The barcodes don't have anything to do with the sorting of luggage for resorts, they will actually read the tag. Our luggage was waiting for us in the room when we got there.

I even heard that if you don't have all your tags they will just take your claim tickets to get your luggage from the airline later. It just might delay getting it a little longer.

Very cool. Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I was worried about, that the barcode would mess things up.

Interesting. I talked to MS yesterday to order ME for our next trip. I also have a wait list situation but the rep told me that if we had a last minute resort change the info would automatically be entered into our reservation info and the barcode would automatically be changed even if we have our luggage tags already and have the different resort on them. We would not need to change anything or cross out anything.

Regards,
Humphrey53209

Ahhh, the normal CM inconsistency. Maybe the barcode does get updated and my CM told me to make the change in case the system isn't working? Who knows....either way, I would change the tag that way there is no worry if the computer crashes.

The system defintely update with out new place to stay and when we checked in they printed us new ME vouchers for our return trip, so they had the right resort on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter