MDR Tips and Tricks

funfam

Mouseketeer
We have done several cruises but rarely ask for anything special at dinner. I have seen a few comments about people making fun and interesting requests at dinner. That said, I would love to hear everyone's tips and tricks for changing it up in the dining room.

We have done several cruises but rarely ask for anything special at dinner. I have seen a few comments about people making fun and interesting requests at dinner. That said, I would love to hear everyone's tips and tricks for changing it up in the dining room.

I always ask for a specific head server or server depending on the ship. I have my experiences where we have really good servers or head servers. They appreciate being singled out and treat you really well. If you do not know of anyone, ask on this board, I don't think you will be disappointed with anyone recommended.

Also, I inform/remind our staff that I really appreciate nice cheese plate at the beginning of the meal. They may state that it will be the next night before they give you one, but you should eventually get one with your bread. Very nice. Watch all the other table look when you get it, lol. By the way, I tip nicely for good service.

That's interresting. Can you recommend someone on the Fantasy on the August 23 tour? Thanks

I have asked to have one entree and then the accompaniments from a different entree with it (mainly because the vegetables were cauliflower puree and mushrooms-one I don't like and the other I won't eat!:crazy2:).

You CAN mix and match. So switching around the sides from different mains is ok, to get the combo you like/prefer.

One night I ordered 2 appetizers instead of a main course. You don't have to have things exactly as presented in the menu.

Like something? Ask for it again, as long as they have notice they can provide it for you the next night.

Don't see anything you like? Discuss it with the head server. Quite often he or the chef will gladly make you something interesting (often from their homeland) which can accommodate your likes/dislikes...

On one cruise, we had a tablemate who always had a Mickey ice cream bar for dessert. They brought it to him covered in sprinkles.

Brenda
from MB

On one cruise, we had a tablemate who always had a Mickey ice cream bar for dessert. They brought it to him covered in sprinkles.

Brenda
from MB

I request a Mickey Bar every night, by the way mine is dipped in chocolate first, then sprinkles!!!! By the end of the cruise, alot of the folks around me get them, lol!

I request a Mickey Bar every night, by the way mine is dipped in chocolate first, then sprinkles!!!! By the end of the cruise, alot of the folks around me get them, lol!

DS ordered the Mickey Bar nearly every night (it was on the kids menu). The first night it came with choc sauce and Mickey sprinkles which he scraped off - after that he ordered a plain one lol. He really does not have a sweet tooth!!

Our group loved one of the appetizers from AP so much that our server would bring them to us every night after that in addition to the appetizers offered for that evening.

I always ask for a specific head server or server depending on the ship. I have my experiences where we have really good servers or head servers. They appreciate being singled out and treat you really well. If you do not know of anyone, ask on this board, I don't think you will be disappointed with anyone recommended.

Also, I inform/remind our staff that I really appreciate nice cheese plate at the beginning of the meal. They may state that it will be the next night before they give you one, but you should eventually get one with your bread. Very nice. Watch all the other table look when you get it, lol. By the way, I tip nicely for good service.

Dream server/head server suggestions?

My kiddos ordered Mickey Bars every night too. No sauce or sprinkles after the first night because they were so messy. I even had one because there was nothing else on the dessert menu that sounded good one night - it was wonderful. The best chocolate covered ice cream I have ever had.

By the last night - lots of tables around us - adults - were ordering them.

Kruno Stublic from Croatia. We've had him twice and he is great. His assistant 2 weeks ago was Giovani from Jamaica and they were the best team we have ever had. If you can, get Giovani to sing for you. He has a fantastic voice.

We are on the Fantasy next month so I would love any recommendations for that ship. Does anyone have any great off menu suggestions?

We are on the Fantasy next month so I would love any recommendations for that ship. Does anyone have any great off menu suggestions?

Not good food ideas -- I'm stealing the cheese plate one.

For servers, for what it's worth, we loved having Sasa and Gede Ar as ours.

Although I'm an omnivore, I enjoy trying items from the vegetarian selections. We frequently order one of the veggie entrees as an appetizer to split. Lots of flavor, well-made (it's probably home cooking for someone on the international kitchen staff), and sometimes a wee bit less guilt.

Head servers Oneal 1st choice, or Liam 2nd. You can tell them those two options, in that order. In case 1 is gone

I second the vote for Oneal on the Fantasy. Had him a couple of years ago and he was great with the kids. Had a couple of jokes or brainteaser for them every night.

Jaime (Portugal) and Liam (Jamaica) are both fantastic head severs on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter