MDE online booking when slitting up for meals

AMB1

Mouseketeer
I learned a few things about making ADR's through MDE the hard way this morning. I needed to be logged in so I could take advantage of 180+10 ADRs.

We are a family of 4 travelling with Grandma and Grandpa (who have their own resort reservation). For most meals we plan to eat together as a group of 6. On one morning, however, we plan to send Mom (me), Grandma and DD4 to the Castle for breakfast, while DH, Grandpa and DD7 go to Chef Mickey's. That's where things got tricky.

I have a MDE account. My MIL also has her own account. We have friended each other such that profiles show for all 6 people. I made an ADR for 3 at the Castle. The fun started when I then tried to book breakfast for the other 3 at Chef Mickey's. The system wouldn't let me because I already had a conflicting meal and it prompted me to cancel the Castle.

I then figured out that I needed to start with the Chef Mickey ADR (because I would NOT be eating there). When it asked who would be attending, I removed the checkmark next to my name and checked DH, DD and Grandpa. It worked. It then prompted me to make one of the adults the "lead guest". I selected DH. It then asked for an email address for him (which, as discussed below, is where I completely messed up). I entered DH's email address. I got a confirmation number and was happy. I was then able to book a new reservation at the Castle for me, DD and Grandma (because the system knew at that point that I wasn't eating at Chef Mickey's). Great (or so I thought).

The email debacle: When prompted I put in DH's own email address, which is in the Disney system from past trips. That caused the ADR to get lost in neverland. He got a confirmation email, but there was no way to see the reservation in anybody's MDE account (I even opened a MDE account for him using that email, but just got error messages). After 45 minutes on the phone with dining and IT, we learned that I should have put my own email address (the one linked to my MDE account) in for my husband when he popped up as lead guest. IT changed the address and now the ADR shows up in my MDE account and MIL's MDE account.

Here is what I learned:

If you are splitting your group up, start by making the the ADR that you (the account holder) will NOT be attending.

Uncheck yourself and check off the guests who will be attending.

When it prompts you to make an adult "lead guest" and asks for an email address, put in YOUR email, not that guest's email.

Then you can move on and make your second ADR as usual.

GOOD GRIEF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter