MDE/MDX...does not seem fair

MistressMerryweather

DIS Veteran
I mean, life isn't fair, but I'm finding this whole new experience not fun. I'm spending loads of moolah on this vacation that I'm so excited about and I'm being forced to "plan" it on a thing that. does. not. work.
I am so underwhelmed. Tell me that it's going to work and right and well, and very soon. :headache:
I love Disney. I'm trying to be optimistic. Help?

"That. Does. Not. Work"

What are you finding does not work? I think most ppl out here are finding the system "functional," altho perhaps not optimal for some touring styles. Is the system not working? What is wrong? Can you not get on the site, or is the app giving you errors?

Aside from what I've found to be minor glitches like names not showing up for a few hours or the infamous "there seems to be a blip in the network" error, the system seems to be functional in general... If you provide more details maybe we can help?

-mike

So many things. First, I have an extra husband that I can't get rid of.

It seemed fun and okay until I tried to attach family and friends so that I could plan for us altogether. It wouldn't attach. Now I have my mother added, but it won't let me have access to include anyone else(children) in her party.
Everywhere I turn, I get an error or unavailable.
Really. I'm pretty patient and I love this kind of planning and stuff, but I've had nothing but a hard time at every turn.
I did contact via chat, and all the cm said was, "that everyone was having problems."

I mean, life isn't fair, but I'm finding this whole new experience not fun. I'm spending loads of moolah on this vacation that I'm so excited about and I'm being forced to "plan" it on a thing that. does. not. work. I am so underwhelmed. Tell me that it's going to work and right and well, and very soon. :headache: I love Disney. I'm trying to be optimistic. Help?

I'd suggest you make a paper planner or binder or spread sheet or whatever has worked for you in the past and made it fun for you. Use MDE, when it works, to book stuff, but then write up your planning and Res numbers like the good ol days. There is nothing wrong with making up your planning like you've done in the past. Although the fast pass thing... Can't help ya there!

We had some minor SNAFUs, too, but a quick call to CRO cleared things up easily. Just because the MDE is available doesn't mean it's fool proof yet. It's new ... things take time. We were able to do many things via MDE, but a couple of things did take a call to CRO, which was awesome, because they told me to have a magical day ... which I did!!! Good luck, and don't be afraid to access the old fashioned way.

Great example:

While planning our upcoming trip FP+s. I was able to link just about everyone between 4 different groups, but not quite everyone.

SO ... after a couple hours online, I call in, and after another while on hold I get through to someone. ... Anyway, over an hour after THAT ... they found that for a couple people, who I thought I was booking FP+s for, their Tickets weren't linked to their Magic Bands, and I was told that I was essentially booking dummy FPs. Had we gone to the parks as such, they would have had NO FPs linked to their MBs, in fact, they would not have even had tickets linked to their MBS !@?!?!?!?!

Let alone the time it takes between operations, how often the system bugs out, etc etc etc ....

Broken software is broken.

Of course, even if they fixed this, I would still have massive issues with FP+ ... but, we can hope they at least fix the software which "allows" us to use a much more limiting, confining, and less flexible system to avoid lines than we used to use.

It worked briefly and I got a glimmer of hope. LOL
...but now it says,
Only Guests participating in MyMagic+ are eligible for the Disney FastPass+ service.
on all the kids when I attempt to make fastpass +.

Another error...
We were unable to fully complete your request due to system challenges. If you continue to experience this problem, please visit the MyDisneyExperience Help Center, otherwise please try your request again later.

It worked briefly and I got a glimmer of hope. LOL
...but now it says, on all the kids when I attempt to make fastpass +.

Another error...

Are you trying to make FP+ reservations for your Bonnet Creek stay? I just looked at your ticker and it's one of two things from what I can gather:

Either you are attempting FP's for Bonnet Creek,which you wont be able to do because it's a Disney resort OR you are trying to do it for your onsite stay, which is still too far out (more than 60 days). I'm taking a flyer here so I could be way off. Just noted your info in your tickers

I am finding it works quite wel.I have made all my dining reservations through the system all my tickets are linked magic bands ordered and customized. I am just waiting to do my FP+ now when we get to the window for that. I have to say the mobile app is lacking but the online app has been great.

I went on yesterday to poke around and was pleasantly surprised. I have hated the official site in the past. It takes getting used too, that's for sure. I even made a dummy reservation and quickly cancelled just to test it out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well that depends....... How good is he at fixing things around the house. ;)

One of my friends had an extra husband and I asked if I could have the one with the bigger pay check, but she proved the true value of our friendship and decided to have IT remove him :confused3 :rotfl2: And they owned DVC :sad1: And considering that he was donated to Disney IT, of all the freaking places she could have sent him, we will NEVER see him again ;)

One of my friends had an extra husband and I asked if I could have the one with the bigger pay check, but she proved the true value of our friendship and decided to have IT remove him :confused3 :rotfl2: And they owned DVC :sad1:

Man, I hate when that happens. ;)

"That. Does. Not. Work"

What are you finding does not work? I think most ppl out here are finding the system "functional," altho perhaps not optimal for some touring styles. Is the system not working? What is wrong? Can you not get on the site, or is the app giving you errors?

Aside from what I've found to be minor glitches like names not showing up for a few hours or the infamous "there seems to be a blip in the network" error, the system seems to be functional in general... If you provide more details maybe we can help?

-mike

Really? Then you haven't seen any of the threads on this that were started yesterday. The system isn't working properly at all. and that's in addition to the glitches that pop up from time to time.

And odd as it may sound, some people just expect technology to work. I won't give them a pass just because it's Disney. If my online banking did things like this...any of them... I would be changing banks. And I'm pretty sure I have less in my bank account right now than what a lot of people are spending on their trips. :rolleyes1

Really? Then you haven't seen any of the threads on this that were started yesterday. The system isn't working properly at all. and that's in addition to the glitches that pop up from time to time.

And odd as it may sound, some people just expect technology to work. I won't give them a pass just because it's Disney. If my online banking did things like this...any of them... I would be changing banks. And I'm pretty sure I have less in my bank account right now than what a lot of people are spending on their trips. :rolleyes1

Exactly! Well illustrated.

One thing is positive though: Disney is really showing us the magic like never before. Extra guests and tickets have magically appeared in my MDE account. Then, with the wave of an IT wand and using the element of surprise, an hour later .... :wizard: and all of us were gone. Yes, all of us. And our tickets. And our resort reservations .... now that's GOT to be magic. I wouldn't have a clue how to pull of tricks like that to help people's countdowns go by faster while they are entertained. I mean distracted. Oh, sorry, I mean really irritated and frustrated.

I traveled recently to WDW with my extended family, and my brother has a computer science degree. Among other things, part of his job is to write aps. (Nothing that I found interesting, mostly for specific things that companies want their employees to be able to do or for researchers to collect/store data...)

But anyhow, my point is that he was completely appalled at the errors, lack of functionality and SLOW speed of MDE. He said he would never allow something like that to be "client ready".

So many things. First, I have an extra husband that I can't get rid of.

"

Yeah i had a wife i couldn't shake for a while either. But then we met a nice CM in the MK in december and said the we weren't listed as friends. "i said no S***" :rotfl2:But as Disney always will do they made us friends and our MDE Journey continues. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter