MDE app update?

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
Not sure what category to put this in, but was there a recent update to the MDE app? I just used it in January, but deleted it after the trip to free up space on my phone. Now it says my device is not compatible to get it again.

Since I already did check-in through the website, I will still get a text when my room is ready, right? We use Magicbands for our tickets and refuse to buy Genie+, it looks like there aren't any more virtual queues, I can view my photos through the MDE website, so is Mobile Order the only thing I'd be missing by not having the app? Is there a "lite" version, older model of the MDE app available?

I had the same issue yesterday (I have an android phone). Reported it to Disney via the link from GooglePlay. I received a response that it was a known issues and they were "diligently" working on a fix for a future update. No timeline though.

We have a trip in a couple of weeks and intend to use Magicbands as well. We're DVC and have AP's to activate, hopefully we can do that without the mobile magic to show our DVC status.

Minimum phone operating system requirements for MDE mobile app:
Apple devices: iOS 13 or newer.​
Android devices: Android 8 or newer.​

No "lite" version of the app, but Apple typically allows you to download the last compatible version based on the iOS version on your iPhone.

Minimum phone operating system requirements for MDE mobile app:
Apple devices: iOS 13 or newer.​
Android devices: Android 8 or newer.​

No "lite" version of the app, but Apple typically allows you to download the last compatible version based on the iOS version on your iPhone.
I have Android version 9 and it worked last month. Guess it is the same issue an above poster is having.

My phone is on Android version 11. this morning, I was able to use the APK mirror app to download DME version 7.3

My daughter also just informed me that her phone is also not compatible, and she just replaced her phone about 2 months ago. she is so frustrated as their trip is coming in end of June thru the 4th of July.

:scared::furious:

My phone is on Android version 11. this morning, I was able to use the APK mirror app to download DME version 7.3
Thanks for reminding me about APK Mirror. I was having the same problem with the "not compatible" message, and following your idea, I now have a working MDE app again. Just in time for my trip on Monday.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest