MDE and Military Tickets

samefay

Mouseketeer
Guess it could be any ticket. Here's my problem. My husband thinks if I link our 4 day military tickets on the MDE app that it would activate our tickets. Our vacation is still a good ways off. Once the military tickets are activated you only have so many days to use them. Does linking them activate them? Is it worth linking them since they do not have the RFID technology? I don't think they would select us to try the FastPass+. We will be staying at SoG. When I typed the number in to the MDE app it did recognize what kind of ticket it was but I backed out of the screen before selecting a user. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!

Guess it could be any ticket. Here's my problem. My husband thinks if I link our 4 day military tickets on the MDE app that it would activate our tickets. Our vacation is still a good ways off. Once the military tickets are activated you only have so many days to use them. Does linking them activate them? Is it worth linking them since they do not have the RFID technology? I don't think they would select us to try the FastPass+. We will be staying at SoG. When I typed the number in to the MDE app it did recognize what kind of ticket it was but I backed out of the screen before selecting a user. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!

As of right now military tickets cannot be linked into MDE. When you get to Disney and go to activate your ticket it will be swapped out with a ticket that has the RFID technology. Hoping that when the 2013/2014 tickets start that the tickets purchased at military bases will have the RFID and can be linked... I keep reading Military Disney Tips hoping that this question will soon be answered....

I don't believe there is an expiration on the tickets until they are actually used to go through the turnstiles (not just activated). I could be wrong on that, but that's what I thought.

Even if there is, putting them in MDE isn't the same as activating them I don't think. Activating them at WDW requires a CM physically seeing the military sponsor/spouse ID - just putting the number into MDE doesn't accomplish that.

Right now FP+ testing is only happening at Disney owned resorts. There has not been any information on how Shades of Green/Armed Forces Salute tickets will work into FP+.

I'm just concerned that when we get the new tickets that all the FastPass attractions will already be booked if we have to wait to reserve them until we get there. Maybe I'm not understanding everything correctly. From what I'm reading we will get the new tickets at the gate, does that mean we will still be able to use the old FastPass paper tickets or will we use the new bands? So confusing!
Has anyone linked their Military promo tickets to the MDE app yet?

I'm just concerned that when we get the new tickets that all the FastPass attractions will already be booked if we have to wait to reserve them until we get there.

currently Shades of Green guests aren't eligible for the FP+ tests. The testers are only at disney owned resorts, and only a few of those at that. If FP+ is still in testing during your trip (which, since I assume your trip is before sept 28th since you already have tickets, it will likely be), then only a fraction of WDW guests will have access to FP+. Regular FP will still be in effect for everyone else.

Maybe I'm not understanding everything correctly. From what I'm reading we will get the new tickets at the gate, does that mean we will still be able to use the old FastPass paper tickets or will we use the new bands? So confusing!

In Sept you will likely get an RFID enabled card when you activate your tickets, not a magicband. Those cards can, from what I've read, be used with the FP machines.

No one knows what Disney is going to do wrt magicbands and shades of green guests. SOG guests have never gotten keys to the world cards, but Fastpass+ is supposed to be based on your tickets, not your accommodations, so I assume Sog guests will eventually get bands of some kind (whether we can personalize ahead of time, who knows).

If you have questions/concerns about how FP+ will integrate with military tickets, I highly encourage you to write to Disney and ask them/let them know. I, too, am concerned about how the 60 day window will work for FP+ and military tickets - esp. since the new salute tickets don't go on sale til August 12, which is less than 60 days before my trip starts. if they're wanting this rolled out by the food and wine festival, it could impact my trip, and I wish they'd give me the info I need already!

Never did a military ticket before so question the military tickets vouchers you got what do they look like? Is it just a sheet of paper with numbers on it or does it have a bar code or square shape code of any kind? I ask cause the app on the phone can scan different kind of bar codes that let the info be uploaded into the system so you can do the Fastpass plus. I just got my tickets from AAA for my up coming trip (staying at POP) and I just had to scan the back of the ticket and it was added to my info. I am part of the August magic band and Fastpass plus test. And am hoping to be able to get my families military tickets for November (staying at Fort Wilderness) up loaded when my mom gets them so I can get FP+ taken care of before the trip like I did for mine in August.

Never did a military ticket before so question the military tickets vouchers you got what do they look like? Is it just a sheet of paper with numbers on it or does it have a bar code or square shape code of any kind? I ask cause the app on the phone can scan different kind of bar codes that let the info be uploaded into the system so you can do the Fastpass plus. I just got my tickets from AAA for my up coming trip (staying at POP) and I just had to scan the back of the ticket and it was added to my info. I am part of the August magic band and Fastpass plus test. And am hoping to be able to get my families military tickets for November (staying at Fort Wilderness) up loaded when my mom gets them so I can get FP+ taken care of before the trip like I did for mine in August.

In either case, you can't add the vouchers to the band. When the vouchers are exchanged for tickets, the military member (or spouse) has to show their military ID to get the tickets.

I have been in contact with Disney several times this week. Currently there is NO military ticket or voucher, purchased at MWR or SoG that can be added to MDE. Obviously this means no 60 day FP+ for military

Do you think once we get the vouchers exchanged for tickets when we get to disney we can go online that night and add FP+ picks for the week?

Also where do we exchange the vouchers? At our resort or at a ticket window at a park?

Do you think once we get the vouchers exchanged for tickets when we get to disney we can go online that night and add FP+ picks for the week?

Also where do we exchange the vouchers? At our resort or at a ticket window at a park?

You exchange and get tickets activated at ticket window at park. When we went middle of June this took quite some time to do as DH had 6 and DS had 3. I asked the lady at the window if we could have come the evening before and done it and she said yes. So my advice is, if you have time to go the day before first day of park, then go do it then....

I have been in contact with Disney several times this week. Currently there is NO military ticket or voucher, purchased at MWR or SoG that can be added to MDE. Obviously this means no 60 day FP+ for military

My daughter and I are using her military discount for our stay at POP next month and will be purchasing our discounted tickets from SOG. We will be participating in the Magicband testing and received our bands yesterday. I phone the number on the letter we received inviting us to participate in the test and spoke with Melanie. I asked her if we would be able to link the SOG tickets to our magicbands and was told yes. She even pulled up the exact faq and mentioned that this was a very new development. Of course, Im cautiously optimistic knowing how many different reports are out there regarding all this but the call gave me some hope! The number I phoned was specifically for Magicband info so Im hopeful the info is a bit more credible.

The back of the tickets have a number on them that you can use to link the tickets. Nothing to scan. Getting mixed answers from Disney about Military tickets and testing. One time they even transferred my call to SoG.

You exchange and get tickets activated at ticket window at park. When we went middle of June this took quite some time to do as DH had 6 and DS had 3. I asked the lady at the window if we could have come the evening before and done it and she said yes. So my advice is, if you have time to go the day before first day of park, then go do it then....

Does every family member need to be present when we exchange for the tickets or just the military person? Would like to leave DS with my dad back at the resort swimming while my mom and I go get the tickets taken care of.

Does every family member need to be present when we exchange for the tickets or just the military person? Would like to leave DS with my dad back at the resort swimming while my mom and I go get the tickets taken care of.

technically everyone must be present. you may or may not find a CM willing to activate tickets without the person being there/

We've all been present in the past. We've been activating our tickets on our arrival day (non park). We activate them at Guest Services in Downtown Disney.

We've all been present in the past. We've been activating our tickets on our arrival day (non park). We activate them at Guest Services in Downtown Disney.

Did not know that we could do that. That is some good information. Thanks for sharing...

It doesn't matter when you activate the tickets, they are good until the expiration date of 30 Sep 2013. Or if you are going on the 2013/2014 promotion, they are good until they have been used up or until the expiration date at the end of the promotion. We have some we bought in February, we used 2 days then and will be using the other 2 days at the end of August.

You can't activate them thru an app, you have to go to Guest Services and show your drivers license.

We have been able to use our Military tickets at the RFID entrance at Epcot, but we were staying at a Disney resort, don't know if that makes a difference.

I tried to link our active tickets on the Disney sight the other day, but it said they were already linked to another reservation, so I called the phone number it gave me and they were linked to our reservation from Feb. The resort where we are staying in Aug isn't part of the test group, so they couldn't be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter