MDE Account Question with 5 adults

Veater

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip next year with my adult children and spouse - 5 adults total - 2 rooms. Is it better to just have one MDE account and everyone sign in and out of that account or is it better to have each of us with a separate MDE Account that is totally linked to each other? We will each have our own phones and at times be on our own. But originally will set up ADR's and fastpasses together for the most part. Don't want this to be too complicated but want everyone to be able to get the memory maker pictures and change their own fast pass if they wish. Thanks for any advice you could give as it will be our first trip in 3 years.

Assuming your kids will want to take trips to WDW when they have kids, I would have everyone make their own accounts (except maybe your spouse, if the two of you will always travel together) and then everyone can invite everyone else to plan and share. Doing this will allow you to have your dining together (though you don't have to have everyone linked to a reservation), share MM photos (though only one person is entitled to the downloads of them), and everyone will be able to see or book FP for everyone else, yet will hopefully not cause additional headaches if they want to have their own account at some time in the future.

Thanks I hadn't thought that far ahead. I was mostly worried about the glitches that I keep hearing about with MDE - didn't know if it would be worse or better with 5 accounts or just 1 account.

As long as you are inviting to plan and share and not creating each person on each account (like you create your spouse on your account and then your spouse makes their own account and then you invite to plan and share- that is where it gets screwed up because then Disney's system has 2 of the same person, which WILL cause problems with being able to make FP for everyone, etc.) there shouldn't be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter