MCO to Portofino - best option?

Mouskemom

Mouseketeer
What is the best option for airport transportation for a family of five? I am not interested in a shuttle.

Do regular airport cabs accept 5 passengers or do I need to book transportation from a specific company?

There may be a cab that you can catch. Maybe also try a one way, one day rental car. Also, many have used a towncar service for a round trip or just one way.

We got the name of Tony Hinds on these message boards. We used him last year. And are using him again this month. He comes highly recommended. I don't have his email/phone number on me....but someone will see this and post it before I get home to do it myself I bet. Otherwise, I'll look up his email. He charges us $100 round trip from the MCO to Royal Pacific and back to MCO at the end.

Lots of van taxis at MCO too. Just go to the cab stand outside baggage pickup and tell the guy where you're going - no need to flag down a cab yourself. Runs about $50.

I booked a private car through Mears and did MCO-Royal Pacific, RPR-Port Orleans, Port Orleans to Universal return and then finally POR-MCO. I was never charged more than $40 for the trip and all of the drivers were very nice and friendly and always early/on time. I was able to book online really easily and pay ahead of time so I only needed to have cash for a tip. I would definitely recommend them!

We tried Mears one year to avoid renting a car and have used them ever since. The ride out of MCO was worth it all for me (no waiting in line for a car I reserved six months prior while people with no foresight argued with the person behind the desk). I was a major pain in constantly changing my pickup times and they always came through. It was amazing to me that when you factor in the convenience (especially after a 12-14 hour day at a park) and total service, it was only $100 more for us than renting a car/gas/parking for a 15 day trip! A little over $6 per day to not worry about driving when tired when also trying to relax, awesome! Whether it is a 3 hour prepaid trip (you can get groceries, check in, unpack, and get to a park), a quick shuttle, or two weeks of chauffering me around, it is so worth it. Not cheaper, just better.

Ended up going with Tony Hinds. He seems to get good reviews here and on Tripadvisor and the cost includes a quick stop at the supermarket. Sounds like a good deal to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter