MCO to Grocery to OKW

amym2

DIS Veteran
We're arriving on a Friday in October around 4pm and renting a car. We need to stop at a grocery store on our way to OKW. Factoring in Friday rush hour traffic, which grocery store will be easiest to get to and then to get to OKW?

I've read that the Publix on I-Drive is the closest to OKW, but I'm wondering if it's out of our way coming from the airport. I assume the Publix on Vineland would be even worse with traffic?

AllEars has directions from the airport that include two different grocery stops to every resort.

http://allears.net/pl/directions.php

Thank you! Great feature- didn't know that was available on allears.

Can anyone verify traffic wise what is our best option?

1. Take Exit 11 off 417 and turn left to Albertson's or Winn Dixie
2. Take Exit 11 off 417 and turn right to Super Target
3. Take Exit 6 off 417 and turn right onto I-Drive to Publix
4. Take Exit 3 off 417 and take Osceola Pkwy to I-Drive to Publix

I think option 3 is the area that I remember being so crowded when we stayed offsite once, but it's the Publix option that allears recommends.

Thanks for any advice!

Another option is the new Publix on Rt. 535. Check in at OKW first. When leaving OKW turn north on Bonnet Creek. Go to the stop sign at Vista Drive, turn right. Follow Vista until the traffic light at Rt 535. Turn left and go about 2 miles. It may be a little less convenient, but you will have no traffic and it is not a "tourist" Publix. Total distance about 5 miles.

Also, all the Albertson's have closed so Option 1 would only be Winn Dixie. A lot of them are closing also - don't know about this one in particular.

We always stop at the Super Target at exit 11 off 417. It's super convenient - right at the exit and reasonably priced. Might be a slightly smaller selection than a "real" grocery store but they always have everything we need. We've been there all times of the day and it's never very busy. There's also a nice selection of Disney merchandise.

If you get off at Exit 11, make sure you have $0.50 in change - it's an unmanned toll booth. And the nice thing is that it's halfway to WDW from the airport, so it seems to make the trip feel really quick!

Another option is the new Publix on Rt. 535. Check in at OKW first. When leaving OKW turn north on Bonnet Creek. Go to the stop sign at Vista Drive, turn right. Follow Vista until the traffic light at Rt 535. Turn left and go about 2 miles. It may be a little less convenient, but you will have no traffic and it is not a "tourist" Publix. Total distance about 5 miles.

Also, all the Albertson's have closed so Option 1 would only be Winn Dixie. A lot of them are closing also - don't know about this one in particular.

Thanks so much! Good to know about the Albertson's. We'll rule out that option for sure!

We always stop at the Super Target at exit 11 off 417. It's super convenient - right at the exit and reasonably priced. Might be a slightly smaller selection than a "real" grocery store but they always have everything we need. We've been there all times of the day and it's never very busy. There's also a nice selection of Disney merchandise.

If you get off at Exit 11, make sure you have $0.50 in change - it's an unmanned toll booth. And the nice thing is that it's halfway to WDW from the airport, so it seems to make the trip feel really quick!

Thank you! I love Super Target, so I think we'll probably go there. Their food is a little more expensive, but if we need items like sunscreen it's a good place to go.

Yes, we also use the Target off 417. Super easy to get too and never real busy or lots of traffic. Definitely the easiest choice from MCO,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter