MCO HYATT

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
First time cruisers here. We're flying in from the West Coast the day before and staying at the MCO Hyatt. Just wondering when is a good time to book, how far out? Is this a good place to stay? It seems a little expensive. Thanks everyone!

First time cruisers here. We're flying in from the West Coast the day before and staying at the MCO Hyatt. Just wondering when is a good time to book, how far out? Is this a good place to stay? It seems a little expensive. Thanks everyone!

Its an excellent place to stay a good hotel in the airport a good rooftop pool. It has great access to the DCL Port buses there, and a good layover hotel on site not off site at MCO.

Book as soon as you can as rates can go up when in demand.

Agree with PP, it's an ideal location and super convenient. If you're using DCL transportation to the port, the hotel will even take care of your bags so you don't have to take them downstairs to the bus area. The next time you see them will be in your stateroom.

The earlier you can book the better. Prices can increase dramatically as your travel date approaches, especially during peak times. If prices get too high for your liking there are many great, affordable hotel options within a couple miles of MCO that offer free transportation from/to airport to pickup DCL transportation the next morning if that is how you'll be getting to the port. A little less convenient than staying at the Hyatt, but still quite easy IMO, and often cheaper.

Agree with PP, it's an ideal location and super convenient. If you're using DCL transportation to the port, the hotel will even take care of your bags so you don't have to take them downstairs to the bus area. The next time you see them will be in your stateroom.

I'd wonder if my luggage ever made it to the DCL transportation if I let the hotel take care of it. Does Hyatt have a policy if they dont get it to the port on time?

I'd wonder if my luggage ever made it to the DCL transportation if I let the hotel take care of it. Does Hyatt have a policy if they dont get it to the port on time?
Don't know about any policy regarding undelivered bags, but I've only ever heard/read of one instance where the bags didn't make it from MCO Hyatt to the ship in all the time I've been on here.

If you're concerned, you certainly may bring your own bags from your room to the DCL transfer location and hand them over there. One note, they most likely will not be on the bus with you, as they load them in transfer trucks for deliver to the port.

We stayed here just a few weeks ago before our cruise on the Magic. You can see some pics of the hyatt in my Trip Report. It's very nice for an airport hotel and I like how convenient it is (no need to leave the airport). The service there was great. You can book transfers via Hyatt and it includes the baggage handling, but for our large group of 8 it was cheaper to hire our own van. The luggage wasn't too bad to deal with since Disney kinda takes over the minute the driver lets you out at port. I wouldn't hesitate to book a private transfer because we got to stop at a grocery store and get some wine and snacks for our rooms!

Just an FYI, book a refundable rate if you can. Some of our party came from California and their flight was delayed...they missed their connection and had to spend the night in Dallas. We were able to cancel their room without any penalties. I would definitely stay at the Hyatt again pre-cruise.

Are you planning to head to magic kingdom the day before your cruise? For our first cruise we stayed at the Hyatt and then paid for a cab to Magic Kingdom, when we could have stayed at a Disney resort, go to MK and then have the cruise line pick us up from the disney resort. (You'd still have to pay the transfer fee of $70 round trip to get from the resort to the ship and then from the ship to the airport)... (I do this now rather than staying at the airport, but if you aren't heading to a park the night before, then the Hyatt is great!)

I'd probably book the room as soon as you can so you have it.

When we stayed last year, the hotel makes you fill out this form with your room number if you are using the luggage service. You also give one to the Disney people....so there are some checks and balances to make sure your luggage makes it!

We come in from the west coast as well, and always stay here the night before. I just discovered I can get $30 off by booking through "my verizon" rewards. If verizon is your cell phone carrier, check into it. We're cruising this summer, and rates are higher then. I've also booked it through last minute travel for an even bigger discount, but you do run the risk of it not being available if you wait.

It seems a little expensive

It definitely is. That was our original plan, but cancelled the room for $175 per night and cancelled our Disney tranfser ($105 each way). Instead, for the $400+ that was going to cost us we got a rental from MCO ($63) to drop off at Port Canaveral the next day, a room near Downtown Disney ($149) and a rental back from Port Canaveral to MCO ($68); about $300 or so.

Then, with the money I saved I booked a 9pm reservation at California Grill (Wishes at 10 pm) for the Friday night before we leave.

I see you already booked your room but I just wanted to second that we had a fantastic experience here. I will book a room here every time we cruise (unless we are going to the parks). Super convenient. There are quite a few sit down restaurant options inside the MCO (we went to Macaroni Grill). There's also shopping. We didn't get to enjoy the pool but I bet that is an experience. We really enjoyed the restaurant inside the hotel for breakfast before heading down to the bus. The buffet is a little pricey but you can order off a menu and a lot of the choices are organic, free range, cage free if that interests you. We had no issues with getting luggage on board. Because of our location we were on the first bus out and were at the Port before 10. Enjoy your trip!

We come in from the west coast as well, and always stay here the night before. I just discovered I can get $30 off by booking through "my verizon" rewards. If verizon is your cell phone carrier, check into it. We're cruising this summer, and rates are higher then. I've also booked it through last minute travel for an even bigger discount, but you do run the risk of it not being available if you wait.

I have Verizon (for past 8 years) but not sure how I would even begin to check into booking through them.

This was a good suggestion. I had wanted to book but the rate was more than I wanted to pay, using points it was perfect for the night I needed. I wouldn't have thought of it without your tip.

We are planning to stay here as well, but our cruise is a little ways away and on a major holiday NYE 2016. We will keep an eye out for rates.

I used a discount when booking the room and I'm comfortable with the price. We thought about going to Downtown Disney, renting a car, or something else but after the looooong flight we would just like to relax. Get up early and start enjoying the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter