• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MCO Hyatt

dewrlw

Earning My Ears
Our flight home after the cruise leaves at 6:30 P.M. I have seen comments about the possibility of getting a day room at the airport Hyatt. What are your thoughts?:goodvibes

Our flight home after the cruise leaves at 6:30 P.M. I have seen comments about the possibility of getting a day room at the airport Hyatt. What are your thoughts?:goodvibes

Yes my flights are normally overnight leaving that time and pst cruise I have stayed there and used the rooftop pool.

It was good, we got there about 9 am, went to the pool, then had lunch, were able to take the bags down to check in at four hours then go back to the room, and after a good rest then go through security, good value.

I've done the day room twice and will do it again if needed. It was the best option for me, as it was a place to relax, clean up before my flight later that night. I would recommend it.

another positive review here. we loved having a place to swim, have a nap and have a shower before heading towards that long flight home. a bit of quiet before having to face the airport hustle and bustle. would do it again in a heart beat.

Definitely worth it! The pool is great and the hotel is very accomodating for day stays. We will definitely be returning!

We did this last Saturday and it was well worth it. We used the pool, ate in one of the restaurants at the airport and all got showered and changed before check in for our 8pm flight. Ideally I'd prefer not to fly home the day we get off the cruise but if we had to do it again, I'd be sure to book a day room

We just returned from our DCL cruise on Saturday and stayed at the Hyatt as we had an 8pm flight. The cost was $100 and we had the room until 6pm but I think we could have stayed later if we wanted. Totally recommend staying there..as others have said, it was great to have the room to relax in, catch a nap, take a shower and go to the pool. Especially when the last day onboard is an early one...and it makes the transition back to reality a bit easier!

We just did this 2 days ago. Our flight was 5:45pm. I would not hesitate to do it again. We were able to take a nap, spend some time at the pool, clean up in your own bathroom, etc. Sure beats sitting around the terminal for hours when you have a lot of time to kill, but not enough time to do a park or something like that. And yes, it was $99.

Is this something that needs to be booked quite far in advance? We get off the boat a week from Wednesday and have a late flight out. I just learned of this option, am I SOL at this point or is it worth a shot?

Is this something that needs to be booked quite far in advance? We get off the boat a week from Wednesday and have a late flight out. I just learned of this option, am I SOL at this point or is it worth a shot?

It's always worth a shot to contact them and ask. Worse case - they say no availability.

Have stayed there a few times...most recently last night!!! We were at the Yacht Club for the week but had a very early flight this morning back to NY. Found it so convenient to stay there last night and wake up and get to gate. I asked bell services to handle all our luggage and they had someone at our room at 5:30 am with a luggage cart and walk with us to check in for United. Service was free but I of course tipped. We hung out at Stormalong bay all day then headed over to MCO, returned the rental and spent the night at the Hyatt. People were in the pool until 11:00 pm (when it closed).

A day room is yours until 6:00 pm. Many food options in hotel and airport. Love the Hyatt MCO.

On past stays we stayed there before a cruise and took the DCL bus from there to port. Your luggage will be taken from your room and brought to the port if you purchase DCL transfers from MCO stay at the Hyatt. I also think they have a paid service where they will claim your bags from your incoming flight. I know this does not relate to a day room but it is worth mentioning for people thinking of staying there.

MJ

Have stayed there a few times...most recently last night!!! We were at the Yacht Club for the week but had a very early flight this morning back to NY. Found it so convenient to stay there last night and wake up and get to gate. I asked bell services to handle all our luggage and they had someone at our room at 5:30 am with a luggage cart and walk with us to check in for United. Service was free but I of course tipped. We hung out at Stormalong bay all day then headed over to MCO, returned the rental and spent the night at the Hyatt. People were in the pool until 11:00 pm (when it closed)......

MJ

That's actually a good idea and not one I'd thought of before. Depending on what flights we book next summer, we might have an early enough start for this to be an option for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter