MCO Hyatt vs other hotels

LadyZy

Earning My Ears
I have read a lot on the boards about the Hyatt inside the Orlando airport, and how many cruisers stay there the night before the cruise. Is there any other reason besides convenience? You can get a comparable room for $100 less just a mile away with free airport transfers & breakfast. Why do you choose the Hyatt?

It's a Hyatt, not a Hilton.

I got a discount, so that's why I'm going with it for a 9:30 PM landing. I don't need free breakfast, and I'm sure I can still get a better deal elsewhere, but not much of one.

I'm staying there because I got a good deal, it's convenient, and they will take my luggage from my room, and it will get to my stateroom on the ship. We are getting in early evening, and it will be nice to not have to go anywhere to get to our hotel for the night. I also want to be able to check in for the cruise at the airport, and hopefully be able to get to the port early. I got a rate of $100 total, so well worth it to me!

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Firbes road just two miles from the airport in June. Got a great deal on Hotwire the shuttle and hotel staff were great!!!! We just took an early shuttle back to the airport the morning of the cruise and checked in with Disney transportation early. We were on the first bus to the port!!! Great hotel would definitely Highly recommend!!

Cathy

we are staying there the night we land, before transferring to WDW and then onto the ship a week later.

we got a good price (150 with breakfast) and want to just be able to relax and not have to travel any more after arriving from an international flight with a connection. We also like that there are many options for dining in the airport and their pool is pretty nice :goodvibes

It's definitely convenience for us. We fly in the day before (usually late afternoon/early evening) and with two kids it's just easier to go straight to our room. Plus, we always take DCL transportation so being at the Hyatt where they pick up our bags from the room just adds to the convenience. But we also usually catch great rates and we've never paid more than $150/night.

If you're not going to stay at the Hyatt (which is the ultimate convenience) just head to the port. Once you mess with bags and transport out of the airport...you might as well start your vacation with a fun dinner, beach, etc. instead of the hanging out at an Orlando hotel.

I have read a lot on the boards about the Hyatt inside the Orlando airport, and how many cruisers stay there the night before the cruise. Is there any other reason besides convenience? You can get a comparable room for $100 less just a mile away with free airport transfers & breakfast. Why do you choose the Hyatt?

Yes, it's convenience but how much convenience you need depends on your situation. We started cruising DCL when our kids were 9 & 6 and we usually do 7-nt cruises. That's a lot of luggage for 2 adults to manage on & off of a shuttle to an offsite hotel. Now they're 15 & 12 so they help much more with bags but once we tried the Hyatt, we were spoiled. :cloud9: Plus my parents often cruise with us & they have heart & lung issues so it works well for them.

If you're just 2 healthy adults on a 3 nt cruise with 2 carry on bags, it may seem silly why you wouldn't just hop a shuttle offsite. Whereas a family of 5 with a baby, stroller, car seat for extended stay in FL post cruise, would really appreciate convenience & wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it.

We love how you can simply leave luggage in the room & it just appears at our door on the ship.

I wish every airport had a hotel right inside!

We either get it for $54-74 on Hotwire, or we buy a Stay Certificate. We have never paid full price or even AAA rate.
In the past we have stayed at the Fairfield Inn which was clean & decent with free cont breakfast. Also the Wyndam Inn (I think that's the name) was ok but the AC unit soaked the carpet (and my socks) and the pancakes were still semi frozen at breakfast. Whereas the FI has make your own waffles from cups of batter so at least they were freshly cooked.

It's definitely convenience for us. We fly in the day before (usually late afternoon/early evening) and with two kids it's just easier to go straight to our room. Plus, we always take DCL transportation so being at the Hyatt where they pick up our bags from the room just adds to the convenience. But we also usually catch great rates and we've never paid more than $150/night.

Same for us. The convenience when coming in late is terrific. My DH loves not dealing with the luggage in the AM too. Plus it is a really nice hotel.

Convenience for me. Our flight doesn't land until 9:30, so by the time we get our luggage, it's closer to 10. Very easy to go to the hotel, check in, and we are done.

Since the Hyatt runs $149 I do not think you can find a comparable room for $49 that is in a safe area.

Since the Hyatt runs $149 I do not think you can find a comparable room for $49 that is in a safe area.

For our dates the Hyatt in the airport is staying strong at $242 per room. We need two rooms. For two nights. (MIL gets exhausted easily, we have a cross country flight, and we think it's best to stay put for a full day before getting up so early (still on Pacific time))

For our dates the Hyatt in the airport is staying strong at $242 per room. We need two rooms. For two nights. (MIL gets exhausted easily, we have a cross country flight, and we think it's best to stay put for a full day before getting up so early (still on Pacific time))

Call them and see if you can buy a "stay certificate" for your date it will save you big $$ if available.:thumbsup2

Well worth any extra expense IMO... great pool area... convenient food court options in the airport... free breakfast with AAA deal... and the best part, the wonderful bell hops who take your luggage the whole way from the hotel to airport checkin desk and/or from the car to your room, and from your room to the cruise ship... that alone was worth every penny :) Stayed here coming and going....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter