MCO Hyatt not available for 3/27....now what?

pandapants

Earning My Ears
I was hoping to get into the Hyatt MCO for our night before the cruise, but there is no availability (should have known--Spring Break.) We're getting in somewhat late on Friday night....any other places with good reviews and not too expensive close to the airport? I am also trying to decide between DCL transfers (like the idea of them taking care of luggage) vs. having a towncar pick us up (is getting to the port early, before the busses, important at all?) We are a family of 4. Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

There are several nice hotels near the airport that provide shuttle service to and from. In the morning you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and catch DCL transportation to the port. Unfortunately, you would have to take your luggage with you because DCL does not pick up from any other airport resort. It might be better to arrange for a towncar in this case.

Have you looked into staying near port? I think I would go that route. Then you can sleep in a bit longer and still get to port early.

I would also stay near the port. Look for one that offers a shuttle to the port so you just need to take a taxi to the hotel and then take the shuttle to the port.

But if we get in late (I think 11:30pm), I don't know that I'd want to take another 45 minute to one hour ride to the hotel. If we stay at a hotel (say Holiday Inn by the airport) and have a car pick us up by 9 or 10 in the morning, that puts us at the port around 11am, right? Would that be early enough? We just want to try and beat the "rush" of people of that's possible. Thoughts?

Since you are coming in so late I would suggest an alternate airport hotel. The port opens up at 10:00 am there abouts. Arriving at 11:00 will give you a later boarding number and there will already be several hundred people in the terminal.

Ship boarding starts around 11:45 to 12:00...sometimes a bit later if ship is not ready yet.

If you really want to avoid any rush then get there after 12:00....at least 75% of people will be onboard already.

But, if you want to make ressies for spa, Palo, best to get to port when they open for an early boarding number.

We arrived at 10:15 and got a number 2 boarding number.

MJ

But if we get in late (I think 11:30pm), I don't know that I'd want to take another 45 minute to one hour ride to the hotel. If we stay at a hotel (say Holiday Inn by the airport) and have a car pick us up by 9 or 10 in the morning, that puts us at the port around 11am, right? Would that be early enough? We just want to try and beat the "rush" of people of that's possible. Thoughts?

You're doing it wrong - if you want to avoid the rush, show up at the port around 1 or 2 PM. Some people will be there right when the port opens, and it just gets more crowded until they start boarding the ship. But an hour after they board the port is generally reported to be very quiet - no crowds or lines, walk right up and check in, walk right up and board.

Of course, if you want to try for a paid upgrade, if you want to make Palo or spa reservations, or if you want to try to change your dining rotation then you have to get there early and fight the crowds.

I knew you veterans would have all the answers! I think we'll try to leave a bit earlier. I'd like to make a couple of reservations (thanks for the reminder!) so we'll try to get there as close to 10 as possible! Thanks again!

I booked a room at The Marriot Orlando Hotel for my stay. There is shuttle that will take you there and one back to the airport in the morning if you choose to use DLC transfers. I got a room for $60.00 through Priceline, but I've read that many can get a room for much lower.

The hotel also has a Hertz rental on location. You could rent a car and drop it off at the port.

We got a Marriot hotel with suite rooms and breakfast included .Also shuttle included to and from airport for 37.00 plus taxes on Hotwire.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott near MCO for our 1st Disney cruise. For less than $100 (w/AAA rate) you get free continental breakfast and shuttle from MCO.

We had Happy Limo pick us up there around 9:00 and the terminal was not crowded at all when we arrived. We'd rather wait at the terminal and know that there's nothing left we need to get done.

We also like early lunch on the ship.:goodvibes

I would also stay near the port. Look for one that offers a shuttle to the port so you just need to take a taxi to the hotel and then take the shuttle to the port.

You do not want to take a taxi from MCO to any hotel near the port. It is a 45 minute ride and the taxi would probably cost at least $100, if not more. If you look at mousesavers for codes, you can get a rental car for 24 hours for less than $50. We have a full-size Budget car reserved in April, used a Wal Mart code from mousesavers, and the total cost is less than $45.

You do not want to take a taxi from MCO to any hotel near the port. It is a 45 minute ride and the taxi would probably cost at least $100, if not more. If you look at mousesavers for codes, you can get a rental car for 24 hours for less than $50. We have a full-size Budget car reserved in April, used a Wal Mart code from mousesavers, and the total cost is less than $45.

Yes! When we stayed at the Fairfield, we inquired about taking a taxi to WDW to kill some time and they wanted $50 each way. I can't imagine what it would cost all the way to PC. You could definitely get a stretch limo for less though!

In fact, for our group of 6, a stretch limo was cheaper than using DCL buses. Happy Limo gives a $20 discount if you mention you saw them on mousesavers.com. :thumbsup2

Hi, I am in the same boat, very late flight arrival and did not want to go that last 45 min that late at night. So, I spent some time reading reviews on Trip Advisor and The Wingate Inn got great reviews. It is not a suite room, just a normal hotel, but it has a hot breakfast that also gets Rave reviews.

We are only paying $80 for the night with AAA. I think the AAA rate was $9 or $10 less than normal rate. They also have a shuttle with GREAT hours (til 2 am I think) so that was a plus, just incase our flight is late.

There is a Chili's in the parking lot of the Wingate inn and they serve food til midnight if you are to the hotel early enough and need a snack!

I had originally booked the Holiday Inn Express (which also had good reviews, a shuttle and breakfast) but it was $109 for the night and the shuttle did not run as late.

HTH!:)

Hi, I am in the same boat, very late flight arrival and did not want to go that last 45 min that late at night. So, I spent some time reading reviews on Trip Advisor and The Wingate Inn got great reviews. It is not a suite room, just a normal hotel, but it has a hot breakfast that also gets Rave reviews.

We are only paying $80 for the night with AAA. I think the AAA rate was $9 or $10 less than normal rate. They also have a shuttle with GREAT hours (til 2 am I think) so that was a plus, just incase our flight is late.

There is a Chili's in the parking lot of the Wingate inn and they serve food til midnight if you are to the hotel early enough and need a snack!

I had originally booked the Holiday Inn Express (which also had good reviews, a shuttle and breakfast) but it was $109 for the night and the shuttle did not run as late.

HTH!:)

We got the Wingate once thru Hotwire for only $49 + tax. It was decent and newer construction compared to the Fairfield but the free breakfast was very disappointing. The pancakes were still half frozen (yuk!) Service for replenishment during breakfast and in checking in at the desk was very slow/lacking. Not that anyone was mean really just gave me the feeling like I was interrupting their relaxation time. No one ever smiled or looked even a little bit happy.

Also it was Sept when we were there and the AC hadn't been turned on in the room. By the time it cooled down we were asleep and when I woke up, the carpet was soaked from the AC unit.

For $10 difference or so I'd pick the Fairfield in a hot second.

If you're still wanting the Wingate, it often shows in Hotwire searches. Just search in the MCO area. It be a 3* and will list these exact amenities:
Shuttle, Pool, Fitness Center, Hi-Speed Internet, Business Center
(not necessarily in this exact order)

good luck!

I was hoping to get into the Hyatt MCO for our night before the cruise, but there is no availability (should have known--Spring Break.) We're getting in somewhat late on Friday night....any other places with good reviews and not too expensive close to the airport? I am also trying to decide between DCL transfers (like the idea of them taking care of luggage) vs. having a towncar pick us up (is getting to the port early, before the busses, important at all?) We are a family of 4. Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

There are several hotels close to the airport with shuttle service to and from the airport.
I have done the towncar before. Very good. The cost for the car vs dcl transfers for four should be about the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter