MCO Hyatt day rate or another nearby hotel?

MasonsG

Mouseketeer
I have tried finding any recent posts and have not run across anything newer than a couple years old. Hoping someone might have done this more recently with some insights they could share?
This next cruise we have a later flight after our cruise (5:30pm) but do not have an airline this time that DCL lets participate in the onboard check-in program (that was so nice this last cruise- even though Disney lost our luggage, I would use the service again in a heartbeat).
We noticed the Hyatt right in the airport terminal but I see you cannot book a day rate without calling. Wondered if anyone had done this fairly recently (we do have AAA but no other discount options) or if anyone had been impressed with any other chosen hotel that was within a quick shuttle distance. Maybe one with a fun pool for kids, the Hyatt has a pool, interesting outdoors but no one has mentioned the airplane noise being any problem even though it is on the roof? Curious if anyone can share any experiences, we have a 5 yr old little boy, last time Disney had us to the airport by 9am, so it would be great to book a day rate either at the Hyatt or something very close, DD is a bit far unless our flight had been quite a bit later and decided to save the Space Center for when he is a bit older, so thinking a pool and a room where we don't have to drag our luggage around would be most ideal. Thanks so much for any tips or suggestions and your thoughts on your favorite place.

Hi there,

We were on the Fantasy in January and after disembarking we utilised a day room before our onward flight to San Francisco at 1800.

Following check-in dh, ds4 and dd7 spent time in the pool before Brunch in the Hotel Restaurant. It was great to be able to have a nap during the day before braving airline check in and airport security.

The Bellman assisted us with our bags and delivered them all the way to airline check-in. This really helped given it was our first time at MCO .

It cost us $99 and this was money very well spent, I would certainly do this again and would recommend.

We used the day room at the Hyatt back in Oct 2012 ... it was great. Left our luggage with Bell Services, went upstairs and had a nap. Perused the shops in the airport, brought food back to our room, took a shower and then went to airline check-in with Bell Services carrying our luggage. Well worth it. :thumbsup2

We did Hyatt on our very first cruise last Oct and will certainly do it again this November.

Both PP have given you all the good reasons and I would add that there is no noise whatsoever in the rooms!

Awesome to know this worked out so well, we saw how close it was so convenience in not dragging the luggage through to a hotel shuttle was tempting. Just could not visualize the pool not being really noisy with the runways right there. I have seen great reviews about how peaceful the rooms are. Very appreciative to have some insights, the price is fine. We were just off the Fantasy a week ago so happened to see the hotel in the airport, talk about convenient. This trip we had a 12:05 flight so didn't need it but it sparked my curiosity about using it in November for that 5:30 departure. Thank You all so much!!

We booked a Hyatt Day room last July after our Fantasy cruise. It was a great way to end the trip. Our flight wasn't until 5:30 pm also so we spent some time in the pool, checked out some shops, etc. It was very nice and I would do it again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

The price was $99 and there was no AAA discount though. Luckily we used a participating airline so we didn't have to deal with luggage at all.

You could definitely hear the planes taking off but I did not find it to be a problem. There is a block wall and when you are in the pool, there is a bit of a buffer from the noise. But you can definitely hear them. That was my DS's favorite part...watching the planes. :goodvibes

Smuggs- their website says you can have the dayroom from 10-6, we don't need ours that long but it still works out great for us. The site does say you
can only book it by calling direct.
Jetskigirl, Appreciate knowing we can't use the AAA for the day room rate, I will call them tomorrow. We live 90 min from DL and will just miss seeing you on the Wonder, we are on her for the Coastal in about 90 days and we rode her Coastal last Sept. Perfect first Disney cruise experience. So appreciate knowing the airplane noise did not keep you from enjoying the pool, I think our 5 yr grandson will love seeing the planes so close too :0) Thanks!!!

Smuggs- their website says you can have the dayroom from 10-6, we don't need ours that long but it still works out great for us. The site does say you
can only book it by calling direct.
Jetskigirl, Appreciate knowing we can't use the AAA for the day room rate, I will call them tomorrow. We live 90 min from DL and will just miss seeing you on the Wonder, we are on her for the Coastal in about 90 days and we rode her Coastal last Sept. Perfect first Disney cruise experience. So appreciate knowing the airplane noise did not keep you from enjoying the pool, I think our 5 yr grandson will love seeing the planes so close too :0) Thanks!!!

Oh, are you taking her up to Vancouver for us? ;) Yeah, I'm doing the 2-night in San Diego with some friends. Then my kids, my mom and I will be back on her in August for Alaska. I'm so excited :woohoo:

I really miss having her here. We did the Pacific Coast cruise Sept. 2012 too. I loved that one and I really wish they would run those ones again.

We (five of us) stayed at the MCO Hyatt last June after ending our cruise on the Fantasy and before our 5:30 pm flight. It was so much better than camping out in the airport for eight hours.

We checked in at 9:30, even though they say you can't check in until 10. Our room was on the 6th floor, opposite the Hyatt entrance inside the airport. We heard muffled sounds from the airport lobby, but nothing disruptive. We watched from our balcony as they prepared for a symphony concert that evening. Visited the pool and will definitely use it next time.

It was great to sleep (my 8 year old nephew claimed the closet as his private room!) there rather than snoozing in one of the airport chairs or lounges. It was money well spent for privacy and convenience; we're doing it again for our trip on the Magic in April!

Day Room has to be called in total was $111.38. When you call you don't have to pay upfront you can hold the reservation with a credit card up to a year in advance. Time is from 10am - 6pm. I was able to check in before 10am. You can check in at the kiosk you don't have to wait on the line to talk to a live person.

Anyone ever walked into the hotel and booked a day room on the spot? Do they do that? How many allowed in a day room? We are a party of 6 on our next cruise.

I called the Hyatt reservations direct today, they were extremely nice and helpful. They verified I wanted the Orlando International Regency and just used my c.c. to hold the reservation. It is $99 (plus taxes will bring it up to $111) but for the one who asked, there is an option for a larger room if you have more people (I believe it was $20 or $30 more but it is an option if you have a bigger group, we were just 4 adults and a child). My email confirmation came immediately.
ps Jetskigirl, hope you have a fantastic time, we have a place holder cruise and I am watching the disboards for news of the 2015 Alaska itineraries so I can switch it over for Alaska, wish we were going this year but we already had 3 booked, loving it. Love the Coastal cruise options, not much else for our west coast but these are fantastic! So I hope they keep doing Alaska!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter