MCO - comfort spots? ???

cmhguy

Mouseketeer
I recently had 3 hours to kill at BWI. I found the observation area on the 3rd floor by chance. There were comfy chairs, charging stations, a bar and a great view.

It got me to thinking. Is there anywhere comfy like this at MCO?

Our flight leaves at 4:30 from mco following our Dream cruise, and I know about the day rooms at the Hyatt. For just 2 adults, a comfy area like this would be fine to kill some hours.

???

Our flight leaves at 4:30 from mco following our Dream cruise, and I know about the day rooms at the Hyatt. For just 2 adults, a comfy area like this would be fine to kill some hours.

Get off the ship after "last call". That puts you outside around 9:30. An hour to the airport. So that's 10:30-2:30 entering the secure area of the airport.

Shopping in the non-secure part could take some time. Get something at Starbucks, last minute Universal and Disney souvenirs. SeaWorld souvenirs if you aren't opposed, and I think they have a KSC giftshop as well?

Go through security 2 hours before the flight, get some food, look around, buy some water for the flight...suddenly it's boarding time (probably around 3:45)!

It's not comfy cozy but I like the big round areas with bench seating after you're through security (and the monorail/tram thing) where you have food and stuff around you, before you choose a hall to go down to get to your gate area.

I would agree with the lounge area in the Hyatt, very nice seating areas and very quiet but I also wouldn't hesitate to rent the day room. For $99 you can charge all your stuff and relax by the pool or catch a nap.

We were there from 9 am to 610 a few weeks back....Found a kids area that had comfortable seating, toys for the kids to play with as well as electrical outlets to plug your phone in and this area was also close to the food court and shops...We somehow survived with a 3 and 5 year old...Did not even think about going into the Hyatt lobby...Their was though plenty to do to keep the kids somewhat occupied..

Once you take the tram to the terminal, if Starbucks is on the right, there is a "business center" on your left. Quiet, outlets, places to rest, great windows. We were there on a Sunday and only one person was there while the terminal was packed.

Once you take the tram to the terminal, if Starbucks is on the right, there is a "business center" on your left. Quiet, outlets, places to rest, great windows. We were there on a Sunday and only one person was there while the terminal was packed.

Which airline? We are flying Southwest. I don't recall seeing this in the terminal. Hmmmm.....

Also like the idea of the Hyatt lounge.

We flew Southwest a couple of weeks ago and the outlets were almost non existent at the gate area (and were all taken) we flew out of, not sure if SW always flies out of the same gates.

We were flying AA. Once you make it through security we took the "monorail" to gates 1-29 in terminal A. If Starbucks is on the right at the 2 o'clock position, it was at the 10 position. It was next to an express spa. It had a sign saying "business area" or something to that effect but it was just a bunch of open seating with windows… and outlets I think. No one was in there. It was heavenly. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I get 2 free passes to the United Lounge annually with my United Visa. At MCO the United Lounge is very nice. Plush seating. Tons of outlets. Great refreshments. Televisions. It's nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter