• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

McNeil product recalls (tylenol, motrin, etc.)

Thanks so much for posting this! I was just thinking I had to check into it after hearing it on the news. This makes it so easy! So appreciate it!

...and wow, a lot of product! :sad2:

what has prompted such a large recall?? There's so many different products, seems a bit weird. Thankfully i haven't bought ay OTC meds in months. And the only name brand is midol, the rest are generic store brands.

Thanks for posting this! It does make me glad that I have been buying the store brand meds lately (more budget friendly!).

The Tylenol one said that they basically smell musty. Then goes on about how this smell has been associated with some people having slight gastrointestinal problems (vomiting, nausea etc.)
I tried to look into the Benadryl but that lead me in a huge circle.

It is probably the same issue with all of them, and is hopefully associated with the process of making the pills because none of the liquid forms are recalled.
I have tons of liquids of Tylenol, Motrin and Benadryl around for my son.

Even though there was a recall, I would still be very careful and check the items/lot #s/exp dates before purchasing anything.

Many drug stores don't bother checking things (such as exp dates) and some won't pull recalled items or "pass the buck" and it never gets done.

Thanks - I had not heard about the recall. I JUST took 2 tylenol about 5 minutes before logging into DIS boards - and I very rarely take pain meds. Figures LOL.

Mine appears to be OK

Thanks for the reminder to check. One of my unopened bottles of Tylenol is affected by the recall. Thanks again!

Thanks! Just checked everything here in DD's house and we're good..:goodvibes

Thanks for posting the link. I noticed the smell in my Motrin bottle before the recall was issued. Funny thing is my lot number isn't on the list! I'll be pitching it in the trash anyway!

Thanks, I had a bottle of children's motrin from the recall. The bad thing is, I've given her 3 of them. Yikes! I haven't noticed any problems though.
Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter