• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MCI (Kansas City) to MCO

AnjieNet

DIS Veteran
My DD and I are heading to the World for a girls trip in October. For those of you flying from Kansas City, who have you found that had the best fairs and at what price? So far in my research, the cheapest I've found is Air Tran at $119 each leg and Southwest at $148 for each leg. Anyone seen any better options out there? I'd like to get an idea of what our cheapest options may be before the dates come available to see if I'm getting a decent deal or not. TIA.

I am using southwest airlines from kansas city .... remember the free bags also if you go to their site you can do a calender search and the whole month it will pop up and you can see lowest possible fare for each day...

We're paying $225 and $175 for each leg from MCI to MCO on Southwest. We're flying in June. I think prices have gone down since then, but we went ahead and purchased several months ago.

The 119 from airtran is a fairly good deal based on what I have seen lately. Personal preference is for airtran over southwest due to having a guaranteed exit row seat and the almost 100% of the time business class upgrade available; but then again i'm 6-5 and need the room....well as long as airtran continues to be airtran

In March 2010, we flew down on Air Tran and back on Southwest. The rates were comparable to what the previous posters have stated. I personally like Air Tran better (the cheaper fares help) but I also felt they were more efficient and had better customer service. I've never had a problem with Southwest but I was very impressed with Air Tran. I think I saw on the news a few months back the Southwest bought Air Tran. Have a wonderful trip!

We are flying MCI to MCO in May on Southwest. There were two days in December that flights went down to $99 each way, they are back up to $163 each way right now. Thankful I saw that sale, because they have been steady around $150.

In Oct of 2009, we flew for $151 roundtrip on AirTran. Flights on AT are very close to the same price as the SW flights right now. With free luggage, it will be about the same.

Check SW for the new September dates and looks like all month is at $163. Sure hope there is a sale that actually covers Orlando. I miss flying round-trip for $200 or less!

Wow, the airfares just keep climbing. Looking at Sept dates for comparison and Southwest jumped up another $11 per leg today, now at $174. Delta is coming in cheaper than SW and Airtran now, even with the $25 baggage fee, though they have no direct flights. What to do, what to do...

not saying it's for everybody....but southwest airlines does have a credit card you can sign up for. I believe the yearly fee is $100.... after first purchase which could be a pack of gum at walmart they will send you a lot of points that would be good toward 2 airline tickets.... works for me my late may airfare would have been close too 780 bucks but instead was 10 bucks..... this is an option that's worth looking into....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter