McDonald's Convention in April?

pixiedust1

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could confirm this, or give me the exact dates for this. I have heard that there might be a big McDonald's Corporate Convention in WDW sometime near the beginning of April? Is there anywhere I can find confirm this information, and find the exact dates?

I have heard that there might be a big McDonald's Corporate Convention in WDW sometime near the beginning of April?

I would be very surprised if this were true.

Anyone else know why I say that? ;)

(Note that I didn't say that it was not going to happen.)

Hello Robo,

Let me first say that I have seen many of your helpful postings on these boards, and always enjoy them.

Okay, now I am going to bite...why??? ;)

Hello Robo,

Let me first say that I have seen many of your helpful postings on these boards, and always enjoy them.

Okay, now I am going to bite...why??? ;)

So nice of you to say that! Thanks right back atcha!

-----------

The convention may very well be at WDW (it IS going to be in ORLANDO.)

But why I am surprised that McD would be at WDW is that McD's did have, but no longer has (or won't very soon) have any presence at WDW parks or DTD.

McD's restaurant is closing in DTD and the former McD's fries stands (and other venues that it operated, like Restaurantosaurus in DAK) have been removed or are no longer associated with McD's.

And, Disney & McD no longer cross-promote with movie premiums in Happy Meals, etc.

I live in Chicago and my aunt works for their corporate hdqtrs in Oakbrook and there is a convention in April. We are traveling 4/15-4/21 and I know she will be there for part of my trip. I admit I don't have the exact dates, but it is true.

Very interesting Tyzzle.

I was actually mentioning to Robo that my purpose for asking was because I had been planning a trip to WDW for the beginning of April, and just heard about this convention tonight. My grandfather is with McDonald's corporate, and I was wondering if he might be there during my trip....it was too late to give him a call...so I brought it to the disboards. :thumbsup2

That is strange Robo....I know I sent one. It really is not big deal. I was just thanking you again for you information. :thumbsup2

Ok I don't post a lot but I have to take a guess why Robo would be surprised if it's true: Because McDonald's seems to be leaving WDW and being replaced by another restaurant? (Providing I'm remembering other threads I've read correctly.)

Ok I don't post a lot but I have to take a guess why Robo would be surprised if it's true: Because McDonald's seems to be leaving WDW and being replaced by another restaurant? (Providing I'm remembering other threads I've read correctly.)

Yup.

The fact that McDonald's and Disney have had many highly visible associations for years.
BUT (just in the recent year or so) they have (effectively) dissolved much of their long-time associations.

My parents are owner operators and they are going to the convention the 3rd week of April. It is in Orlando, at the convention center, and not actually at WDW. Hope this helps!

Last April I went and they had a cheerleader/dance competition going and I could not get any sleep it was so loud in the hotel. not cool :sick:

My mom just said the reason it is in Orlando, has to do with the number of available hotel rooms, and has nothing to do with Disney.

I would only be surprised if the convention were being held on Disney property.

My parents are owner operators and they are going to the convention the 3rd week of April. It is in Orlando, at the convention center, and not actually at WDW. Hope this helps!

Now THAT does not surprise me.

I would only be surprised if the convention were being held on Disney property.

Now THAT does not surprise me.

Do you think the break up was that bad that McDonald's would never deal with WDW again?

Business is business if McDonald's could get a good rate or WDW wanted the business I don't think it matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter