Mccain Volunteer Attacked And Mutilated In Pittsburgh

I really don't know.

Who knows how we'd respond to a violent attack. But I may have an answer....two words...Joe Plumber. - she probably just wanted to get the heck out of there

He was a VICTIM of the Obama media who invaded his privacy as a PRIVATE CITIZEN and tried to destroy him because he asked a politician an inconvenient question. I fear we may all be such victims soon. And, yes, this young woman will be equally victimized by the Obama media in very short order. No doubt about it. Her victimization at the hands of a mugger is bad for Barack Obama's campaign, so she MUST be destroyed. Watch and see the future.

As for "all of us being victims soon"... :sad2: I would never consider myself a victim to a system. If you choose to be "victimized" by what's coming you will be. You get what you complain about. Try speaking positively and you might see some things change in your life. Everything doesn't have to be gloom and doom and them against us.

Honestly, these posts are inciteful....like saying a woman raped either asked for it or made it up. I'm shocked.

I was thinking the same thing until I looked at that womans picture. I just find it hard to believe that a man in a rage could carve an almost perfect letter B without breaking the skin. I grew up in the slums of a big city and I've seen my fair share of "carvings" , this one doesn't even compare.

I'm not saying that this woman wasn't attacked, but something is fishy about this story.

My main concern is that Obama is promoting aggression… (e.g. “I want you to argue with them and get in their face”) and he hasn’t done much publically to discourage those of his supporters acting violently. Do I think he wants violence to happen, of course not… but those who are less than mentally stable are clearly beginning to feed off such unchecked messages from him and his party. If you comb through the recent reports of political-related acts of violence during this election year, remarkably you find it’s mainly McCain supporters who are the victims of such despicable acts.

What a sicko!!!!!!
I assume he is one of the many local crackheads (meths not to popular here)
How the freak even know it was her car?
Poor woman, away from home, in a strange city.
I swear to all of you that have never been to Pittsburgh, this is a display of our worse, not our norm.

I was thinking the same thing until I looked at that womans picture. I just find it hard to believe that a man in a rage could carve an almost perfect letter B without breaking the skin. I grew up in the slums of a big city and I've seen my fair share of "carvings" , this one doesn't even compare.

I'm not saying that this woman wasn't attacked, but something is fishy about this story.

You know, that's what I was thinking...that was a pretty perfect B.

But since it's on tape, I'm sure it will be on You-Tube soon.

No one should be attacked because the have a political/button or sticker (or for any reason, for that matter....)

Oct 23, 2008 2:49 pm US/Pacific
Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Attacked
PITTSBURGH, Pa. (CBS) ― Pittsburgh police are investigating after a volunteer for the Republican campaign says she was attacked by a mugger who became enraged after seeing a John McCain bumper sticker on her car last night.

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was robbed at an ATM at the corner of Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in the Bloomfield area around 9pm Wednesday after leaving a Republican phone bank.

The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4", stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.

The woman said the suspect punched and kicked her before knocking her the ground.

The McCain camp tells CBS station KDKA-TV that the victim is a 20-year-old Republican from Texas.

According to a campaign spokesperson, after seeing her bumper sticker supporting McCain, the suspect said, 'Oh you're with McCain, you're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson.'"

After repeatedly hitting, kicking and threatening the woman, the McCain camp says the suspect carved a "B" in her cheek for "Barack" Obama.

According to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face.

The unidentified woman reportedly declined immediate medical attention last night but said she would go to the hospital today.

The suspect ran off after the attack; but police are hoping that footage from bank surveillance camera may help lead them to the suspect.

In an official statement the McCain campaign says: "We're shaken up by this. It's sick and disgusting."

Governor Sarah Palin reportedly spoke with the victim by phone.

Meanwhile, late this afternooon, the Obama-Biden campaign released a statement, saying: "This is a horrendous act of violence. Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."
(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs2.com/politics/mccain.volunteer.mutilated.2.847448.html

So where's the media coverage?

And no, I'm not talking about a moment's mention on CNN or MSNBC - although I've had CNN on for about an hour and they haven't mentioned it yet.

We heard about the "kill him" comment (based on nothing more than one of Dana Millbank's column's in the Washington Post) 24/7 for days on end.

Is this story not as newsworthy?

I typed in Pittsburgh just now: Here's the results I received-

1.Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Attacked
WCCO Minneapolis - St. Paul - 3 minutes agoPittsburgh police are investigating after a volunteer for the Republican campaign says she was attacked by a mugger who became enraged after seeing a John McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. 2.Palin arrives in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 47 minutes agoRepublican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin arrived in Pittsburgh a half-hour late -- delayed by airplane problems in Dayton, Ohio -- and was3.Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Mutilated
KDKA Pittsburgh - 1 hour, 4 minutes agoPolice are investigating after a local woman working at a campaign call center says she was attacked by a suspect who became enraged after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. 4.Pittsburgh landlords leery of trash mandate
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Oct 22 9:18 PMPittsburgh landlords and their tenants must sign and submit a form to the city stating they understand how to get rid of their trash, under an ordinance City Council tentatively approved Wednesday.5.Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center announces cuts
Centre Daily Times - Oct 23 11:12 AMThe University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is laying off 500 workers, mostly non-clinical managers and administrators.6.Robber Carves 'B' In McCain Supporter's Face In Pittsburgh
The Kentucky Post - 13 minutes agoPITTSBURGH (AP) -- A woman robbed at knifepoint at a Pittsburgh ATM told police her attacker knocked her down and carved a "B" in her face after noticing a John McCain sticker on her car.

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=pittsburgh&ei=UTF-8

I am just sick to my stomache over this, this is horribly wrong. I feel very sorry for the young lady who was attacked.

What exactly are you saying? Why is the story fishy? Look at that woman, tell me what she has to gain from making it up, or carving the B herself?. I'm just not sure what you think really did happen, maybe you could enlighten us. She probably refused medical treatment because she was tramautized enough and just wanted to go home. I know when I was a victim of a robbery, the last thing I cared about was seeing a doctor.

I typed in Pittsburgh just now: Here's the results I received-

1.Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Attacked
WCCO Minneapolis - St. Paul - 3 minutes agoPittsburgh police are investigating after a volunteer for the Republican campaign says she was attacked by a mugger who became enraged after seeing a John McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. 2.Palin arrives in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 47 minutes agoRepublican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin arrived in Pittsburgh a half-hour late -- delayed by airplane problems in Dayton, Ohio -- and was3.Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Mutilated
KDKA Pittsburgh - 1 hour, 4 minutes agoPolice are investigating after a local woman working at a campaign call center says she was attacked by a suspect who became enraged after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car, reports CBS station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. 4.Pittsburgh landlords leery of trash mandate
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Oct 22 9:18 PMPittsburgh landlords and their tenants must sign and submit a form to the city stating they understand how to get rid of their trash, under an ordinance City Council tentatively approved Wednesday.5.Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center announces cuts
Centre Daily Times - Oct 23 11:12 AMThe University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is laying off 500 workers, mostly non-clinical managers and administrators.6.Robber Carves 'B' In McCain Supporter's Face In Pittsburgh
The Kentucky Post - 13 minutes agoPITTSBURGH (AP) -- A woman robbed at knifepoint at a Pittsburgh ATM told police her attacker knocked her down and carved a "B" in her face after noticing a John McCain sticker on her car.

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=pittsburgh&ei=UTF-8

If this in reference to my post above, I was talking about the national cable and network tv news, not AP wire stories and local tv.

I'm not suggesting the national outlets will supress this news completely, just that they won't devote the time and resources to it that they have to other stories just as newsworthy (or not) - like the "kill him" rally story.

If this in reference to my post above, I was talking about the national cable and network tv news, not AP wire stories and local tv.

I'm not suggesting the national outlets will supress this news completely, just that they won't devote the time and resources to it that they have to other stories just as newsworthy (or not) - like the "kill him" rally story.

It's being investigated. I'm sure it'll be on tonight's news.

I just looked at the photo and the poor woman looks like she was really treated roughly, two black eyes and a backwards B scratched on her face. I still don't get the "B". If the attacker wanted to send a message why would they not have chosen "O". In addition to making more sense, it would have been a lot harder to scratch a B than an O.

I can't find the pic.....why would the B be backwards? Was the assailant looking in a mirror when he carved it?

I agree. If the roles were reversed there would be all kinds of media attention and outrage. This scares the life out of me, what our country has become.:sad2:

I thought the media was already reporting it? Judging from this thread most people from both sides are saying it's horrible.

I guess I'm not sure I get what you mean by if the roles were reversed it would be any different. :confused:

It's being investigated. I'm sure it'll be on tonight's news.

They talked about the "kill him" rally ad naseum, and that was based on a single reporter for the Washington Post. And then the media narrative for days on end was about the McCain campaign inciting violence....

It's already "tonight", and like I said, I've had CNN on for the last hour and a half, and they have yet to mention it.

No doubt about it, if the situation were reversed, it would be non-stop coverage.

They talked about the "kill him" rally ad naseum, and that was based on a single reporter for the Washington Post. And then the media narrative for days on end was about the McCain campaign inciting violence....

It's already "tonight", and like I said, I've had CNN on for the last hour and a half, and they have yet to mention it.

No doubt about it, if the situation were reversed, it would be non-stop coverage.

Glad you know how to work this business so well. Would you like to put up news that has not been investigated or a soundbite that is factual? Not the same at all.

I haven't seen a pic either. Who knows what the nutjob was thinking with a B. Maybe he was planning an O on the other cheek but ran off before he got caught. :confused3

Does anyone have a link to the pic?

Political polarization is to blame for this man's behavior. So to help fix the problem the solution is to blame someone and increase the polarization.

That's a strange response to this horrible attack. This man's violence is a representation of this man's violent nature. There isn't a person reading this who doesn't know that. This man's violence does not represent any candidate.

Glad you know how to work this business so well. Would you like to put up news that has not been investigated or a soundbite that is factual? Not the same at all.

What soundbite? The "kill him" one at the Palin rally? How was it proved factual, or investigated? Because Dana Millbank reported it that makes it factual? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter