MBs, FP+, and APs... Oh my!

laura428

DIS Veteran
Ok, I've searched through the forums, read the stickies on APs, MBs and FP+, but can't seem to find the specific answer I'm looking for. If I've missed it, and this question is redundant, please be gentle and kindly direct me to the answer. :)

We're heading down to WDW in 42 days. We've purchased 7 day park hoppers and have already customized our Magic Bands and made our FP+ selections. We'll be doing CL at the Beach Club and will be dining OOP.

I'm also flying back down for the Princess Half in February.

I'd like to upgrade my ticket to AP to both take advantage of TIW during the October trip (loved this as AP holders last year), and to cover the park admission for the February trip (2/20-2/24). However, I'm concerned that if I upgrade early in the trip, I risk messing up my FP+ selections. But if I wait until the end of the trip, we won't be able to use TIW to help with our table dining cost.

So, fabulous and ever-so-knowledgeable DISers... if you were in my shoes, what would you do? :confused3

Upgrade early in the trip to be able to get TIW.

It shouldn't mess up your FP+ ressies. If you do it in person at GR, then you can tell them right there if it does.

I am curious as well! We are headed down for a week in October and returning for the PHM too! :banana: I haven't seen any recent reports of people upgrading tickets to AP with the magic band so I'm hoping to hear some good news!

I would print out your FP+ confirmations just in case, and upgrade early in the trip to get your TiW. With the testing, they have been honoring folks whose MBs weren't working (but I'm bringing a printout of my ressies page, just in case). Easy to print and would cover you if anything goes wrong.

I am curious as well! We are headed down for a week in October and returning for the PHM too! :banana: I haven't seen any recent reports of people upgrading tickets to AP with the magic band so I'm hoping to hear some good news!

I successfully upgraded to an annual pass in August with the dining plan and fastpass+ . I had 10 day MYW tickets and I upgraded on the last day. I did this because guest services (in all the parks) really couldn't say for certain what would be messed up and they advised me to do it on the last day.

So my AP's are now linked to my Magicband. I did not lose any dining credits and my fastpass reservations were all intact.

I successfully upgraded to an annual pass in August with the dining plan and fastpass+ . I had 10 day MYW tickets and I upgraded on the last day. I did this because guest services (in all the parks) really couldn't say for certain what would be messed up and they advised me to do it on the last day.

So my AP's are now linked to my Magicband. I did not lose any dining credits and my fastpass reservations were all intact.

I'd really like to not wait until our last day though. We will be purchasing a TiW card and although we will be on the dining plan, we would like to use TiW on alcohol and any extras at dinner. Has anyone had any luck upgrading early in their trip?

I'd really like to not wait until our last day though. We will be purchasing a TiW card and although we will be on the dining plan, we would like to use TiW on alcohol and any extras at dinner. Has anyone had any luck upgrading early in their trip?

Are you upgrading as a family? If you are, upgrade one ticket to AP, buy the TIW card, try to use the dining plan with the magicband that was upgraded to AP and check to see if fastpasses are intact. If everything is fine, upgrade everyone else.

We plan to upgrade to APs too and are worried about losing FP+ selections as well. We have free dining so not planning to buy TIW this time, but we do want to use AP discount for MNSSHP tickets and shopping discounts.

We plan to upgrade to APs too and are worried about losing FP+ selections as well. We have free dining so not planning to buy TIW this time, but we do want to use AP discount for MNSSHP tickets and shopping discounts.

Unless, you have MSEP, Wishes or Fantasmic booked as fastpass+, I wouldn't worry about losing other fastpass reservations. Everything else is easy to rebook. I was more concerned about screwing up my dining credits.

Success is success. It doesn't matter that my upgrade was done towards the end of the trip or beginning. The point I'm trying to make is that the upgrade can be done without losing dining credits or fastpass+ reservations.

When you go to guest relations, make sure you explain about the fact that you have dining credits and fastpass+ reservations on your magicband and you don't want to lose credits or reservations. Ask them if they will double check with someone else on the procedure.

I upgraded mine at guest relations in MK. The CM I was dealing with got a senior manager out to help him through the process because he had never upgraded someone to an annual pass on a magicband.

Once the upgrade is done, look for a CM with an iPad (right inside the doors of guest relations). They will check everyones annual pass and ensure that they are linked properly to their magicband.

Thanks everyone! :)

I think I'll upgrade early and take a copy of all of our FP+ selections, keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to use it. I'm the only one out if our family who will be doing it, so I'm thinking that between the printout, and the fact that the other three of us will still have their FP+ intact, we should be ok.

We just got back on Sunday from our trip. We went on free dining package and had magic bands, FP+, dining. While there upgraded to an AP and it didn't effect anything at all. Our fastpass+ didn't change and our dining was fine as well. I would upgrade as soon as you can to take advantage of everything (TIW, AP discount, etc).

I renewed my ap using a 4 day ph. I had no issues. It was one of the only things that went smooth. All fp+ and dining credits stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter