Maybe someone can answer this for me...

joyfullyblessed

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am wondering if our 10 year old can order from the kids menu at the Disney restaurants since we aren't on a dining plan? I know if you're on a dining plan, ten year olds are considered adults. I really don't understand this, but ok.

Anyway, I just know at some places our son will definitely prefer the kid meal over an adult meal.

Thanks!

We were just in Disney last week and DD14 ordered off the kids menu with no problems. We have done this on previous trips as well. We also do a lot of sharing meals as well.

Disney classifies 10 year old children as "Disney Adults" when it comes to park tickets and the dining plan. All that means is that if you purchase tix or the plan you must purchase ten at the adult price. Disney restaurants seldom refuse to let people order from the childrens menu if they are payaing OOP, and many folks do just that. In theresort category, children reamin children in terms of rom occupancy until 17. No additional adult charges.

1) Yes.
2) In fact, MrsRustyScupper and I frequently order from the Kid's Menu.
3) Our appetites are not that large any more, and this sometimes works well for us if we like the menu item.
4) Basically, if paying OOP,
. . . anyone can order from any menu and pay the menu price
. . . exceptions are buffets, AYCTE meals, character meals, V&A, and some dishes at Via Napoli

I am an adult and I frequently order from the kids menu with no problem as long we we don't have the dining plan.

This is good to know...we too won't be on the DDP and have 12 and 14 year old (at time of trip) that will more then likely want to order off of the kids menu at a couple of restaurants.

At almost all restaurants anyone has been able to order from the kids' menu, but there have been a few posts that a restaurant or server adhered to the ages posted on the menu so it is best to ask before ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter