Maybe relocating to Florida

wdwnutze

<font color=blue>Remembers "Gee Your Hair Smells T
We had planned to do this in a couple of years but my dh has been laid off and we find ourselves looking for a change. WE are now considering doing this in the next 6months or so. I am thinking of Seminole county but schools would be a big concern(6yo and 12yo). I would also be looking for an apartment to start out with. We will be selling our house here and will need a place to stay while we look for a house. We do have a dog so I would need something pet friendly. What are some of the big adjustments moving across the state? I would appreciate any 1st hand info that I can get.

We're moving from Shrewsbury (West of Boston) to Celebration. I think it's going to be an adjustment coming from New England, but FL is FULL of transplants from this area :) As for the schools, we went on school tours before we decided on a town for sure. We don't have any babies yet, but we were worried about schools even when we bought our house in MA. They are really important for resale even if you don't have kids.

One thing that I learned about FL schools is that getting an "A" rating means very little. Go and check out the schools for yourself before you commit to a particular area. Don't just go by the letter-grade rating.

:sunny: Hey,

We just moved down here last year from NJ and we LOVE it! Here is the apt. community that we moved into www.maitlandcrossing.com. The office staff is wonderful, the apartments are lovely, there's a nice clean pool and for the most part, the community is really nice. They are actually located in Orange Co right on the border of Seminole. My DS(9) went to an A rated school in Orange Co.

We no longer live there because we bought a house in Seminole county about 7 miles from where we started. DS is now in a B rated school and loves it. They're supposed to have an excellent reading program too!

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or send me an email. I'd be happy to share what I have learned. :D

Thanks for the responses. What county did you find had the best schools? It is confusing trying to get through all the information. Anyone know anything about any of the apartments in Seminole county? How is Sanford? Lake Mary? Such big decisions. I would really prefer to do this sooner than later.

Just wanted to say 'hi', Laurie, :wave: nice to see you. Do hope things go well for your hubby's return to work, as well as the move if you make it. Again, nice to see you. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter