Maybe I'll do a trip report? Don't read! I haven't decided! NEW for 1/31! Read it!

:hug: ..thanks you C~ girl for inviting me. :wizard:

.....you're a great writer [iam talking about real talents-nothing like
me- :eek: ]....just as i suspected though, :thumbsup2

..goodness me, i sure hope i wasn't one in front you guys, not paying
atttention....:upsidedow ..i do have that awful habit of wandering &

looking at all the ...:rainbow: people..where do they come from?

ha!!!!!, i saw that lil'sneaky refernce..back to animal kindgom...:rolleyes:

evc...tipo, :thumbsup2 ..so they all gone by 1100 am..probably cast
mambers potrolling for good lookin babes..like pumba and mommie poppins,
and the likes..eh?

* right on the nose ,fyi~~* this might be surprising to some, but when
our pt's changed their behaviors...the first thing we evulate for are
mediacl needs..peopel in general failed to recoignized how their mental
health are connected to the physical well being...[ i made a funny-
again-:laughing: ]....very ,very important!...you don't know how many
"think"- take a pill, to feel better...wanta know another way to pick up
your moods?..take a shower!

hope i bring a lil' :teeth: :sunny: to your report?

you are so sweet!!, i :love: you this much:" pluto:~:wizard: "

pixiedust:

..i can't wait to hear about all you gals together...right? underdog! woof!

maleficent is my favorite, too! i want to meet her so bad. actually, i've already told DH that i want to retire in orlando someday and get hired by disney to play maleficent! :maleficen

by the way, i have a question about the tonga toast. we're eating breakfast at kona in september and i'm considering ordering it. i love french toast. i love cinnamon toast. i love bananas. the only problem is i hate mushy stuff. i always get any sandwich i order without the mayo, mustard, ketchup, or any dressing of any kind because it makes my bread soggy and just grosses me out. :crazy2: so is the inside of the tonga toast just a big pile of mush or what?

Hey! This is Tammy (and I'm actually using my own account!!! Yep, I took the internet away from Amber!)

My take on the Tonga Toast....I don't remember it being soggy or mushy. And even if it is a tad bit...it's well worth it! And Amber remembers the outside being really crunchy.

Utah, did you know that Amber actually lost your present at one point??? She took it upstairs at her office to mail it---yes, she was honestly going to mail it....but she left it at the front desk! Amazingly enough, no one wanted a ... and it was there the next day! So, lucky you will be getting a ... as soon as she remembers to go back upstairs and actually mail it!

Later!

Oh...and just so you all know....even though I KNOW what happened on all our trips....I'm still left
h
a
n
g
i
n
g
like the rest of you!!! I wish that celery stalker would hurry! (course, I could read ahead since she emailed the original to me....but it's so much fun reading it this way!!! Guess I'll hold on like the rest of Disboard/world.)

Hey all. I'm having to change my signature, so I'm posting my two favorite poems here so I'll have them!

~Ode to Celerystalker~ Good for gout and the spleen~Be you blanched, stewed or served up plain~
French, Creole or Cajun you're one of the main~A versatile veggie, sure to please~A trinity, you belong in threes~As a raisin boat you're oh so right~Mostly water yet you've got bite~Five minutes to write and so this poem ain't long~Now: Get back in my drink... where you belong!~the end Cheers, Mel.
~Ode to Celerystalker, part Deux~The day the Jiggler owner met the celerystalker~Was an ordinary day on the Disboards~The vegetable girl was a sweet talker~And had followed the giant hoards~Who were reading about a crazy poop hawker? ~There are very few rewards~For those who read about The Kings on the Dis boards~This poem’s over I know it smells~Who the heck can compete with Mel’s~I will steal you from her drink~And turn you into ants on a log, I think.~ From Mrs. The King

Celery Girl! I'm all caught up!

I knew you'd get the Tonga Toast....or was it Ben that got the Tonga Toast? (Ben=Hubba). Anyway, it sounds more like dessert than an appetizer. I think I'm gonna try the pump fake Tonga Toast at POR in Sept. But prolly at breakfast time.

Poor Tammy! She does not look happy on ToT. But at least she tried it! Way to go, Tammy! I love the picture with the Queen of Hearts. Heh. :laughing:

Are you gonna dish somemore on the Carnival Cruise? My DH wants to take a cruise or maybe he just suggested a cruise to get my mind off Disney. Either way it sounds like fun so I'm anxious to hear more.

Why do you have to change your signature? Did you get pulled over by the siggie police? Or do you just not like the suggestion of peanut butter and raisins on your celery? Is today an update day? How many Lapu Lapus can nebo drink? Why do I feel like Haley asking all these questions?

popcorn::

:rotfl2: lex, you crack me up.

The answers to your questions are:
It was mostly Ben's charm.
I'll tell you what you want to know about Carnival. Just ask. It was lots of fun. Lots of food. Seemed fun for the kids that were running around, but you don't see them much. You can do as much or as little as you want. Great vacation for different types of people.

Yes, I got pulled over by the siggie police. :( I love the suggestion of peanut butter and raisens on my celery! I just don't eat it that way. But whatever floats your raisen boat is fine with me.

Yes, today is an update day. Stay tuned.

I'd say he can drink 8. I have faith in his abilities.

I don't know why you feel like Haley. Does she usually ask a lot of questions? I guess I've never noticed that about her.

Sorry I missed an update this weekend! I've been having computer issues. As a bonus, here's several updates rolled into one.

So now it’s time to tell you why 20 ADRs (correction. 23 now) for me is sooooooo laughable! And why I can’t drink beer anymore.
On February 12, 2007, I had gastric bypass! Wheee!
Here’s a pic of me and Tammy at her birthday party on January 27th (it was at the Melting Pot. Yum!).

4-15-07019.jpg

I was at my heaviest weight in this picture (319 lbs).

Here’s me today:
May07trip022.jpg

At 237 lbs.
Still fat, but getting better (my BMI is currently 41, it was 55 before surgery).
Anyway, I can only eat a little bit before I get full. And I’m not supposed to drink alcohol at all, but I cheat and shoot hard liquor some.
Beer, however, and anything else with carbonation, makes me feel really really icky. So does more than two bites of something with a lot of carbs. So eating out, especially at Disney is a new adventure.

Does anyone know what happened around the week of April 9th?
Anyone?
Disney opened free dining again for August and September of 2007!
Yes!
This was my chance!
I looooove all the table service restaurants at WDW, but since I can’t eat anymore, it’d be a waste to go to them.
But if I have free dining, it won’t be so bad, right?
And since Tammy and I could share a lot of meals (the dining plan is A TON of food, in case you didn’t know), we wouldn’t be wasting too much food.
I was soooo in!
By this time, I’d gotten pretty close to a loverly group of ladies (and a few guys – I definitely will NOT call them gentlemen) who posted on one thread on the Community Board.
Most of us love the thought of free dining and had gone the year before.
This time, we decided to try and plan our trips for the same time period. I was able to get reservations at All Star Music for the dates I wanted. But I love Pop! I didn’t want no steenkin ASMu! Utah and I were sending PMs flying back and forth at the speed of light. She kept telling me to call again! And again! And try the internet again! (Yeah, I got no work done that day. Oops.) Finally, after changing my dates a little, I was able to get the Pop reservation I wanted. Woo!!!

Since I have the philosophy of the more the merrier, and since I like to try to include everyone, I sent a PM to every person who had ever posted on our thread more than three times (multiple cracker personalities excluded).
Here’s a copy of the letter I sent:
Meep Meet

Dear <insert name here>,

Since you have posted at least <insert number here> times on the "Open Mike Night - Everyone is Welcome*" thread, you are entitled to one free Personal, pertty, semi-private message!
This message qualifies you for one (1) free Meep Meet*! A meep, for those not in the know, is a peep (like a homie, but marshmellowy) from the "Mike" thread, thus, Meep. Some of us will be at WDW in Mid to Late September 2007 for free dining.
If you are planning on being in the World at that time and would like to meet your fellow meeps at a meep meet, please PM me with your vacation dates.
If you would rather not attend, please delete this message as it will implode in 5 seconds.
If you would love to attend but are unable, we will be attempting (for the first time ever!) a virtual meet to coincide with the live and in full-color meet.
*None of those pesky crackers (except for the extra special WT) are invited.
** No stalkers, please! One is enough. Ya know, me?

Just a little side story on the cracker thing so you don’t get confused –
One of our friends picked a cracker brand as his username. While he was gone to WDW, we all decided it’d be fun to create other cracker persona for ourselves and try to make him guess who was who.
Well, lots of craziness commenced.
But it was fun.

Ok. Back to the PM. I sent this to 42 people. Overkill? Yeah. Heh. But like I said, I wanted everyone to feel included.
When all was said and done, I had 8 possibly interested people.
With kids and guests, this was a total of 24 people! Eek!
So what would any obsessive planner start to do?

Hmm.
I’ll give you a hint.
This was in early April.
Approximately 160 days before we go!!!!!

Pesky crackers!!!!

I was wondering how much you lost in total. Wow. Great Job!!

That's a lot of ADR's for someone who isn't going to eat....:lmao:

Lexi -- they have fake Tonga Toast at POR? I didn't know this.

Pesky cracker – Oh no! I don’t have my cracker key anymore! Whoever you are, thanks for reading!

I haven't been CheeseNips since April 15th....my alternate personality!!!! Cheese Nips never apologizes and is a lot more snarky than the real-pretend me.

It was I who came up with the Cracker Caper to play a trick on our other cracker friend. It wasn't hard to convince like 16 others to also get cracker identities and wreck havok on the games threads to up our post counts to make our joke even that much cooler. We even had some mystery crackers playing along which was weird.

Cracker Nation!!!!

And just for the record, I am the cracker with the best post count evah ;)

Good and good for you. Dear Miss Windywannabe. I saw your handiwork, it looks good. Did you just call me "extra special". You must be drinking. Again.

Wheat Thins

More Haiku for You.

If I may be rude -
Dear Miss Windywannabe
write your report --NOW.

Wheat Thins

Wait. I'm the Windy wannabe?
NO! She wants to be me!
:(
I was trying to figure out who you were calling the wannabe. Ha.

So let’s fast forward to the beginning of May, shall we?
It’s Saturday the 5th – my mom’s Birthday!
Awww!
Tammy and I are planning to take her out to dinner, but first we have to go listen to a timeshare spiel.

Grumble, grumble, right?

But we’re gonna get lots of free stuff.

Free movie tickets, a free meal and a free weekend at a location of our choosing.

We can sit through a 90 minute presentation for that, right?

Right.

Especially since I’m smart enough to know that time shares are for rich people. I’d sat through the DVC presentation before (for free stuff! Woo! And so I could get a tour!) and I knew that the investment just was not feasible for us. For one thing, we were perfectly content at Pop Century. Why would we pay so much more? There was no real reason for us.

So.

I told Tammy:

”I’ve done the math. There is no way they can make this affordable for us. You are not allowed to talk! I will do the talking. You will just smile. No chit chat! That’s how they suck you in! We WILL be strong!!!”

So we went into the Fairfield/Wyndham sales office.

Hmm. Pertty nice.

But stay strong!

So we sit down and talk to the guy.

We purposely tell him we’re gay, hoping he’ll freak out.

He doesn’t.

He talks to us.

He shows us pictures of his wife.

He talks some more.

He asks what we like to do on vacation.

“Disney and cruises.”

“And how much do you spend?”

“I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me, but I’ll try to remember. I think last year we spent about $1500 bucks for an 11 night trip to Disney World, food and airfare included. We also went on a 7 day cruise in December for less than $500 per person. And we leave this Thursday for a 5 day trip to Disney that’s costing us $800 all together. That’s not counting our trip to Albuquerque or our other trip to Florida through work.”

“Wow. You get great deals!”

“I know. I’m cheap. That’s why a timeshare will not work for us.”

“Since you mentioned Disney, let me show you one of our resorts. It’s the only resort on Disney property that is not owned by Disney.”

(That’s not exactly true, but I’m not going to correct him.)

“I know about Bonnet Creek. It’s right beside the hotel we stay at.”

“Oh? You know of it? You know, most couples that come in here give themselves a pep talk before they walk in the door. They make a pact to not buy, to not talk. Did you all do that?”

“Ummm."

"Maybe.”

“Well let me see if I can change your minds.”

4 hours later, we’re still talking (I’m not exaggerating. It was really that long!).

And we’re not buying, mind you, but having a great time with this guy. He’s so much fun!

Anyway, we tour the place and think “Wow. This is great.”

But we don’t need it.

And then comes the point in the presentation where we talk real dollar amounts.

He whips out some papers and I smile and say “No thank you. I don’t have that kind of money.”

He says “What would it take to get you to sign today?”

I try to low ball him.

“A $500 deposit and no more than $200 a month, maintenance fees included, ten year term.”

So he goes to talk to his manager.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter