Maybe I need a Condo/Townhome/Home Now...HELP!

DonnaBelle06

Headed back to WDW Aug 2009!!!!!!
Okay.....

Maybe I can extend my stay to Jan 18-25/19-26 depending on the rental (or find someone to rent for just the days I need).

I want to be near Disney........I have stayed in a Pool home in Formosa Gardens (its 4 bedrooms though--much larger than I need now).

Anyone have any experiences you can share??

We loved the whole area near Formosa Gardens...it was so close to WDW. Isn't Windsor Hills/Palms close to this as well? We loved having everything close by (the grocery store, etc.)

I don't know where Emerald Isle is in location to this. It will be 4 people and "maybe" 2 extras if my sister comes.

Help me find a place to celebrate my 36th birthday (Jan 24).

THANKS!!!
Donna

Windsor Hills is close to FG, a little to the east on Livingstone Rd. and Old Lake Wilson Rd. Windsor Palms is south a bit ( 1/2 mile) Emerald Island is just to the west a bit from FG but not far ( 1/4 mile). Map:
http://www.1stfororlando.com/Location-map.htm
If you click the hands for Formosa Gardens subdivisions it will give you a more detail on this map: http://www.orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/kissimmee_top_down.htm

Windsor Hills is the newest resort and has 2 and 3 br condos, 3br townhouses with private splash pools, and 4 - 6 br. pool houses. It also has a huge zero entry clubhouse pool and resort amenities. Windsor Palms and Emerald Island have similar but not as elaborate.
We've stayed in WH in two different townhouses and love the resort and the splash pool at the townhouses ( you'll need pool heat for Jan). The resort pool is always very warm also. :)

A guy a work has a condo that is 5 minutes from Disney. Last time we were at WDW there we checked it out for futre visits. Very nice, quite complex. Grocery stores only 2 minutes away.

floridaxyz.com

We agree with Sympatico - Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island are all close to Formosa Gardens plus they have resort facilities. Lots of good reports on Windsor Hills on DIS!

I don't think you can beat the Formosa Gardens area for location.
Emerald Island is in the Formosa Gardens area. These properties in this area are about a 5 min drive to AK, 7-10 to Epcot / MGM and up to 15 min to MK.

Here's an emerald Island townhouse, $99 per night: http://www.vrbo.com/66164

If you are on a tight budget, you might also look at the upper part of Poinciana Blvd. I don't have personal experience with that area, but some people have said nice things here on the DIS about the Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane. Seems like I read a recent post about Seven Dwarfs where somebody got a weekly rate of $499. There's a Super WalMart very close to this area. I'm guessing that you should just add another 5 minutes to the drive times listed above... although Epcot/MGM is closer to this area, and AK a little further away.

http://www.vrbo.com/114856

Here's one in Terra Verde which is a little further way but still in the 15-20 minute range for $476 per week... this one has a private hot tub with the unit.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p322503/photos#newphotos

Here's what I suggest as a starting point now that you have your budget: decide what amenities you really want at the resort and in your unit (like how many bedrooms, bed configurations, computer access, video games, private hot tub/splash pool at the unit, jacuzzi in the master bath, etc). Then start doing some research, VRBO.com is a great place. CoralCayTownHome also suggested www.homeaway.com in another similar post; thanks! I just looked at that website myself, and it is pretty easy to use.

Some of the town homes have their own private splash pools or hot tubs. Town homes generally have their own washer/dryers in the unit, condos sometimes have them, sometimes they don't.

While I think it is actually more difficult to choose a condo/townhome vrs a hotel, the extra space, and resort feel of the communities will be well worth your effort.

Keep asking questions! Everyone here is very helpful!!

Lisa

CoralCayTownHome also suggested www.homeaway.com in another similar post; thanks! I just looked at that website myself, and it is pretty easy to use.

Some of the town homes have their own private splash pools or hot tubs. Town homes generally have their own washer/dryers in the unit, condos sometimes have them, sometimes they don't.

While I think it is actually more difficult to choose a condo/townhome vrs a hotel, the extra space, and resort feel of the communities will be well worth your effort.

Glad you find the Homeaway site useful - it just seems a lot more user friendly when you want/have specific requirements :thumbsup2 It saves going through many many homes that just don't suit and leaves you with those that do - even if there is still hundreds of them :rotfl: :rotfl:

Donna - as Lisa says just keep asking the questions and we all will do our best to answer them.

Tracey :goodvibes

We go to WH in 15 days time and I only booked the 3bed/bath townhouse yesterday. Great location on resort, not overlooked etc. We did lots of research and in the end booked via the VRBO site. Transaction has gone smoothly and we are now so excited to be coming back to the world. :cool1:
We used http://maps.live.com/ alot to research location, you can zoom right in and see if the townhouse is overlooked or not.
I know the zip for ours is 34747, you can also do point to point driving directions on here and all sorts of things - go check it out!

Hi Donna

We have also stayed at WH in a townhouse. Lovely place (rented off VRBO) & we go back in October. Very near to AK & not that far away from the rest of the parks.

Before we go in October we are travelling to Charlotte as we have a friend who lives in Tega Cay & then we all go to WDW for his birthday:cheer2:

Don't forget Dreams Villas of Orlando - www.DreamsVillas.com.

They are a sponsor of the DIS Boards so by using them you help the boards and this site.

They also offer excellent accommodations for a really great price.

Make sure you really go through their website and check out all the amenities, location and pictures.

Trust me - you won't be disappointed!!

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter