Maybe a dumb question about N. European cruises...

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
So, we just booked the 7 night Northern European cruise to Estonia, St. Petersburg, etc. Here is my dumb question: are the pools open? Is it actually warm enough for the kids to go swimming?

TIA!

Hey there! Looks like we are on the same cruise! I just checked the weather averages looks to be about 68 (20 celsius) in August give or take a few degrees. \
I don't know where you are from, but for us that's warm enough for swimming! Plus the pools on board are heated.

Hey there! Looks like we are on the same cruise! I just checked the weather averages looks to be about 68 (20 celsius) in August give or take a few degrees. \
I don't know where you are from, but for us that's warm enough for swimming! Plus the pools on board are heated.

YAY! That's great! We've got three families going from Northern VA. I'm originally from FL, so 68 is a *little* cold for me, but I doubt my kids will mind at all. Can I ask a personal question? What type of room did you book? We went with the secret porthole room instead of a verandah b/c I figured for an extra $3K I can stay extra nights in Copenhagen at the end of the trip, but I'm second guessing myself as usual.

Also, I have a princess-mad little girl (although she'll be 7 by the time of this cruise!), do you think they will do the Freezing the Night Away show on this trip? I can't imagine that they would do a pirates show??? Thanks! So excited! Now to channel that excitement for 18 months...

We booked a 5A balcony, but thinking I may try to convince DH to scale down to a less expensive balcony to save some cash :) The Freezing the Night Away show would be awesome, not sure if they go with Pirates show on this particular cruise or not!

We did that cruise last year, July 6th and the pool were open. It was cold and rain some times, no pirate show and the frozen show was canceled becausevit was raining but then the weather improved and they did the show.

The pools will be open and no matter how cold it is, it seems like there always someone who thinks it's warm enough to go in!

YAY! That's great! We've got three families going from Northern VA. I'm originally from FL, so 68 is a *little* cold for me, but I doubt my kids will mind at all. Can I ask a personal question? What type of room did you book? We went with the secret porthole room instead of a verandah b/c I figured for an extra $3K I can stay extra nights in Copenhagen at the end of the trip, but I'm second guessing myself as usual.

Also, I have a princess-mad little girl (although she'll be 7 by the time of this cruise!), do you think they will do the Freezing the Night Away show on this trip? I can't imagine that they would do a pirates show??? Thanks! So excited! Now to channel that excitement for 18 months...

I'm on deck 2. Love the category 9c rooms! Yes, according to the navigators on disneycruiselineblog from the last 2 years, there will be a Frozen party and dinner.

We went in May and yes the pools and slide were open. I didn't go in the pool but I did use the aquadunk on our sea day. It was cold and windy and I think there were about 4 or 5 of us riding over and over. I don't remember seeing many people in the pool. The water in the aquadunk wasn't cold, the problem was when getting out of the water having to go back up the stairs all wet with the cold wind blowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter